I don't know my own sexuality?

Armine    

I don't know if I'm interested in girls (I'm a girl BTW) because I've never tried it and I don't know if I'm interested in guys for the same reason. I haven't had a real crush yet and I haven't loved anyone yet. I mean I still get those hot and steamy dreams but it's never about love. It's hard for me to fall in love basically and I've been questioning my own sexuality for about two years now. I haven't said anything to my family because they're very religious and I don't know. Looking it up on the internet is hard and kind of confusing. I really just want to find out :(

Hey Armine!

You might have more success finding people going through similar things if you put this question/share in the "Sexuality" category on Community. There's a lot of people who are trying to 'figure out' their sexuality there...

But, on that note! I want you to know that exploring your sexuality is a perfectly okay place to be. We, at Ditch the Label, don't feel like you need to have a word that is the perfect description of your sexuality, in order to be happy. To the people that it matters (like people you would like to date), it's better to have a deeper conversation about sexuality, anyway. Labels can't describe the important bits. A lot of times, it's down to the person, whether you have attraction to them... and everyone's so individual, it's hard to put a label on that.

Here's an article to help remind you that it's okay to explore. It may be part of a path to the most accurate description... or it may be a lifelong journey!

-willow

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.