I am bi and have a crush on my bff

TheRainwing    

So I have known this girl for a while and I really want to come out to her and tell her I love her but I am really really scared that she is straight. Please send some tips my way!

thank you.

The Rainwing~

Hi. I’m also bi and I’ve found a good way to find out someone’s sexuality is to first talk about your own. I understand it’s difficult, but unfortunately that’s the best I can do for ya. I usually say something along the lines of “I’m bi and my bi-fi signal is off. I’m having a hard time finding other bi people.� And usually they’ll say something like “Oh well I’m bi.� Or “My gaydar does that too.� Or if they stare at me in awkward silence I just kinda assume they’re straight. Or if it’s a guy I like (since I’m a guy) I’ll say “Damn, he’s hot, don’t ya think?� And their reaction tells me all I need to know.

• Ditch the Label Staff

Hi TheRainWing, that's some awesome advice from StopitMyles.

Also, by removing gender from language can really open it up in these situations. So if you talk about things like "is there anyone you like / fancy" rather than "are there any guys you like / fancy" it gives people an opportunity to feel comfortable in being open.

Good luck and I hope all goes well!

Staff-Account.png

So if anybody is interested in this thread still I came out to her and told her I liked somebody in our english class. She immediately started guessing who it was but at some point she said "No it can't be me I am too ugly" what do I do I think that she is beautiful but she has very low self confidence.

I think you should tell her that it is her. Tell her how you feel and that you think she's beautiful. If it's meant to be, it will happen, but you might have to be patient with her because there's a possibility that she isn't heterosexual but hasn't accepted it yet. It might not be meant to be, and that's okay too though, you'll find someone amazing. But anyways, I think you should tell her.

I am the only one who knows that I am bi. I have a super close friend who I have been lesbian-shipped with. I am not attracted to her. I am scared to tell her that I am bi because I am afraid of losing my best friend.

There is a girl on my bus who is also bi and I think that she is amazing. She doesn’t know I am bi. I am don’t know how to come out. Please help.

Ooh! I'm following this thread! That's awesome that you started talking to her about it! ... I think her interest is heart-warming, and a possible opportunity to tell her that you think she is beautiful.

-willow

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

• 4 weeks later...

I found out I was bi a few months ago and I had a crush on my best friend. I thought she was gay or bi too because it always seemed liked she liked me so I came out to her. She was completely fine with it and a little while after that I told her I liked her. She got really weird around me after that and ignored me for a while and I thought I had lost my friend, but after a few weeks she got over it, and now we are friends again. I think that the best thing to do is to tell the person how you feel unless you think that they will not accept you, because I wasn’t sure what to do when I was in that situation, but now me and my friend are even closer. It may not always work out like that, but if you like them enough, I think it is worth a try.