HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED LOSS?? Join the Conversation...

Willow    

Hey All!

We all experience loss, in various forms, in our lifetime. Some losses are easier to work through than others. Losses can look like death, divorce, a loss of a job, changing schools, losing friends, etc.

Know, you're not alone. And any loss deserves some air and emotional healing.

We created this thread as a space to share some things you've experienced. Maybe share how you've overcome some losses... or talk to us about things that are hard, emotionally. It's a safe space.

** How To Use This Thread**

- If you want to post your own story, hit the "Reply to This Post" Button

- If you'd like to comment/support another person's experience, hit the "Comment" button on the right side of their reply.

- And always remember to be respectful and empathetic toward people's experiences

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

We're in the "Holiday Season"... I know this time of year can be hard quite hard, especially as families gather. How are you all doing?

For myself, my grandmother was the one who really brought people together for family gatherings... after she died, it seemed my mom was the one who kept the family ties. She died on November 18th, 8 years ago. Ever since then, the family just feels so disconnected. On top of this, my sister passed away on December 11th, 7 years ago. So just a lot of memories are finding their way into my consciousness, right now.

Thanks for listening and sharing!

-willow

Edited by Willow

I also had a loss three years ago on Christmas Day, ever since Christmas hasn't been the same for myself and my partner. It's a shame because it really should be a time of happiness.

This year is little better, we've been planning what were doing and already gotten the tree and decs out!

Sending love to everyone who needs a little this festive season X

I also had a loss three years ago on Christmas Day, ever since Christmas hasn't been the same for myself and my partner. It's a shame because it really should be a time of happiness.

This year is little better, we've been planning what were doing and already gotten the tree and decs out!

Sending love to everyone who needs a little this festive season X

<3

I'm sorry about your Christmas Day loss... though, I'm really happy to hear that you have a healthy partnership and you're working through gaining back some of the holiday spirit!

• 1 month later...

I think when I was under 9 years old I was really innocent. One I hit 9 and a half I feel like I somehow grew up practically overnight. My uncle and aunt (who I wasn't really close to) died in a car accident died when I was 9. My parents were physically and emotionally abusive and I was severely bullied. I lived in the city and I was the "poor kid with a bad stutter." I had practically no friends. I was lonely. My aunt was practically my best friend. She was 40 years old and had a sudden heart attack when I was ten. My mother and grandmother worked on selling her house while I stayed at home with my 7-year-old cousin and his 2-year-old half-brother. My grandfather was supposed to be "watching us", but really I watched him. He had a disease and got confused a lot and I had to take care of him. My cousin's mother (my other aunt) passed away one month later from cancer. Then my great uncle had a heart attack. When I was 11 my grandfather had several surgeries and almost died 4 times because of the awful hospital that would strap him in a bed all day and not medicate or feed him. My grandfather's brother passed away when I was 12 and my grandfather passed away when I was 12 and a half. I think that taking the time to appreciate good people while you have them is what I learned.