UGH! What should I do??

luna_    

First, I’m bisexual. 
i like this girl who is in my class. She obviously likes another girl.  I have only told one person that I have a crush on her because I’m scared about coming out. I don’t want to tell the one person who knows my sexuality because she is dealing with a lot right now. What should I do?

• Digital Mentor
5 hours ago, luna_ said:

First, I’m bisexual. 
i like this girl who is in my class. She obviously likes another girl.  I have only told one person that I have a crush on her because I’m scared about coming out. I don’t want to tell the one person who knows my sexuality because she is dealing with a lot right now. What should I do?

Heyy @luna_, Thanks for being vulnerable and sharing what you're feeling with us here. It can be challenging to deal with unrequited feelings, especially when you're not ready to come out. It's understandable that you feel hesitant to share your crush with someone else, particularly if you're worried about how they might react or if they're going through a difficult time. I have a few suggestions from my end which I think might be helpful:

• Take some time to reflect on your feelings: This has been personally helpful in multiple situations for me, so basically before deciding what to do, try to understand your feelings better. Consider what you like about this girl, and what it is about her that attracts you. It might be helpful to write your thoughts down in a journal or perhaps you can post them either here or via confidential support (next to blogs in the top tab)
  • Find someone to talk to: While you don't want to burden the person who is currently dealing with their own issues, it's important to find someone to talk to about your feelings. Sharing your thoughts and feelings can help you process them better and make you feel less alone, here for you and also our community is LGBTQI+ friendly
  • Take things slow: If you're not ready to come out or tell your crush about your feelings, that's okay. Take things slow and focus on building a friendship with her first. This will give you time to get to know her better and assess whether you want to pursue a romantic relationship with her, I think this step is crucial because it also gives you time to process everything and see how you'd like to approach it all 
  • Loving reminder that it's okay to be yourself: It's important to remember that you're not alone in your experiences and that it's okay to be who you are. You don't have to rush to come out or share your feelings with others if you're not ready. Take your time and be kind to yourself, compassion is key 

How does all of this sound to you? Please do feel free to be honest and let me know so that I can support you in a way you need. 

Season 10 Hug GIF by Friends

Staff-Account.png