This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other, Self-Harm

I need some advice about a friend

Gremlin    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other, Self-Harm

Click this notice to reveal the content.

My friend a little while ago has come to me  that they have dabbled with vaping. When they told me I was really shocked and worried when they told me about this. They have reassured me that it’s not a daily thing. But I still can’t help but worry because we all have heard of the harmful effects vaping can have on the body. It doesn’t help his health already isn’t the best. I know that when he does vape it’s a way to escape their numbness to make them feel more themselves, along with a few other concerning reasons.

I feel guilty for telling them to stop; it wouldn’t help them because i don’t want him to feel more guilty about it then he already is. Plus I don’t know where to start with suggesting better alternatives. Sense what works for me and my $h might not work for them. I said that I’m not 100% on board with them vaping but I do trust them, and if things were to ever get out of hand I want they to reach out and tell me. 

Was that the right thing to say and is there anything I can do as a friend to help?