Why are trans gay men stereotyped in the most awful way possible?????

Your_Favorite_Boy    

I have recently come out as a trans gay man and when I came out to my friends on social media and they said,

¨You´re gay?! AND A MAN?! Are you going to wear a mini-skirt and stuff like that? lmao!¨

¨LOL!! THATS SO FUNNY!! ARE YOU GONNA BE LIKE, ¨YASSSS QUEEEENNNN!!!!! 😫¨

I do not understand this one bit..

i am so confused--

how do I make them stop?????

• Hug 2

I'm not very good at helping, I'm sorry, but maybe it's best to leave them for someone new. (if you're too attached, I completely understand, I've been there too,, and maybe you'll find another way!! :D) I believe in youuu ‼️‼️‼️

6 hours ago, Your_Favorite_Boy said:

I have recently come out as a trans gay man and when I came out to my friends on social media and they said,

¨You´re gay?! AND A MAN?! Are you going to wear a mini-skirt and stuff like that? lmao!¨

¨LOL!! THATS SO FUNNY!! ARE YOU GONNA BE LIKE, ¨YASSSS QUEEEENNNN!!!!! 😫¨

I do not understand this one bit..

i am so confused--

how do I make them stop?????

Hi, I'm Catsup, one of the support mentors.  It sounds like a lot of stereotypes about gay men are being posted on your social media, which I can see is really not fun for you.  You mentioned these are your friends.  Do you think if you mentioned to them that these comments make you uncomfortable, they would listen to you?

While it might be a hard conversation to have with them, it could be helpful.  You might not have to say much, but you want ideas for how to have this conversation, you can let us know here too. 

Staff-Account.png

• 2 weeks later...

Relatable. I came out to my cousin not long ago, and he was like, “ew, what the hell?! Does that mean you like guys, AMD are a dude?” It’s not really easy 🙄😞

• Like 1