TO ALL MY PHYSICAL TOUCH LOVE LANGUAGE PEOPLE!!

Gremlin    

I feel like this question fits under this category?

I believe for 6 months now I have been healing from my past relationship with my partner. I still have a lot of reflecting and journaling to do but I’m getting better. :)

Any how it has come to my attention that I am very very very VERY! Cuddle deprived and my mountain of plushies and super soft body pillows are not working for me anymore. I miss a lot of other things too; like holding hands, hugging them from behind, the random forehead kisses through the day. Just all the thinks I miss about being in a relationship.

I know my friends don’t mind if I give them hugs from time to time, but it feels like I’m bothering them and makes them uncomfortable which I don’t want to do. It also feel wrong to ask my parents it I can lay on the couch or bed with them just to spend time with them. It seems childish and probably annoying to them after an hour or two.

I sometimes fancy the idea of maybe finding a new partner to be with but by parents are strict on certain thing which I 100% understand. But it makes it hard to see them and I always wanna be able to see them as much as I can. Even if I wanted to be in a relationship I don’t know myself if I’m ready emotionally. 

Maybe im feeling love sick or I’m over thinking/reacting a lot of this stuff, it just feels a little lonely in the romantic sense. Has anyone else felt this way?

P.S thanks for reading of you made it this far ;3

• Hug 1

16 hours ago, Gremlin said:

I believe for 6 months now I have been healing from my past relationship with my partner. I still have a lot of reflecting and journaling to do but I’m getting better. :)

Any how it has come to my attention that I am very very very VERY! Cuddle deprived and my mountain of plushies and super soft body pillows are not working for me anymore. I miss a lot of other things too; like holding hands, hugging them from behind, the random forehead kisses through the day. Just all the thinks I miss about being in a relationship.

I know my friends don’t mind if I give them hugs from time to time, but it feels like I’m bothering them and makes them uncomfortable which I don’t want to do. It also feel wrong to ask my parents it I can lay on the couch or bed with them just to spend time with them. It seems childish and probably annoying to them after an hour or two.

I sometimes fancy the idea of maybe finding a new partner to be with but by parents are strict on certain thing which I 100% understand. But it makes it hard to see them and I always wanna be able to see them as much as I can. Even if I wanted to be in a relationship I don’t know myself if I’m ready emotionally. 

Maybe im feeling love sick or I’m over thinking/reacting a lot of this stuff, it just feels a little lonely in the romantic sense. Has anyone else felt this way?

I know i may only be 13 but i can relate to this a lot. I have notice i am a very touchy person but only to some people (like the people i trust a lot). after me and my boyfriend broke up i was feeling like the same way you do... but you will find someone for you! Just wait and maybe you with find a partner that your parents will like.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Gremlin said:

Hi, I'm Catsup, one of  the support mentors here.  I think what you're describing is a very common and relatable feeling after a break up and I'm sorry to hear you're going through this.  Romantic connection and physical affection are things that cannot easily be replaced with friends and family, which is part of what makes the end of relationships so hard.

As hard as it is, if you don't feel ready for another relationship, are there any fun things that might keep you busy and occupied?  For someone who enjoys romantic connection, staying busy is not necessarily a permanent fix, but it might help you cope for the time being and help you be ready for a future healthy and happy relationship.  Healing takes time, but it is something that sounds like is already getting better for you. 🙂 What do you think?

Staff-Account.png

23 hours ago, -Marra- said:

I know i may only be 13 but i can relate to this a lot. I have notice i am a very touchy person but only to some people (like the people i trust a lot). after me and my boyfriend broke up i was feeling like the same way you do... but you will find someone for you! Just wait and maybe you with find a partner that your parents will like.

I’m sure I will find someone eventually just needs some time. :3

23 hours ago, Catsup said:

Hi, I'm Catsup, one of  the support mentors here.  I think what you're describing is a very common and relatable feeling after a break up and I'm sorry to hear you're going through this.  Romantic connection and physical affection are things that cannot easily be replaced with friends and family, which is part of what makes the end of relationships so hard.

As hard as it is, if you don't feel ready for another relationship, are there any fun things that might keep you busy and occupied?  For someone who enjoys romantic connection, staying busy is not necessarily a permanent fix, but it might help you cope for the time being and help you be ready for a future healthy and happy relationship.  Healing takes time, but it is something that sounds like is already getting better for you. 🙂 What do you think?

Hi catsup

I am doing spring track at my school which I know will keep me super busy after school. Along with a few other hobbies whenever I get the chance too.

2 hours ago, Gremlin said:

I’m sure I will find someone eventually just needs some time. :3

I wish you the best of luck on finding someone!^^

On 3/17/2023 at 3:49 PM, Gremlin said:

Hi catsup

I am doing spring track at my school which I know will keep me super busy after school. Along with a few other hobbies whenever I get the chance too.

It sounds like you have a lot of good going on!  :) The feelings of missing a the affection in a relationship are still hard to deal with, but it sounds like you're doing a lot for yourself, and that you will someday find someone who is great for you!

Staff-Account.png

hey, catsup so some popular girls are wanting me to sit with them at lunch but should i leave my normal friends and go with popular people who could be fake or no please help idk what to do

4 minutes ago, janiyah said:

hey, catsup so some popular girls are wanting me to sit with them at lunch but should i leave my normal friends and go with popular people who could be fake or no please help idk what to do

Hey @janiyah, is there any conflict between the popular girls and your old friends that make you worried?  I wonder if there is a way you could get to know the popular girls better without sacrificing any friendships you already have.  Is it an option for you to sit with the popular girls sometimes and sit with your other friends at other times?

Staff-Account.png

On 3/16/2023 at 12:40 AM, Gremlin said:

Hey @Gremlin, I’m Emerrson but you can call me Emmy. I can relate to this so much. I came out of a relationship at the end of august last year and only the beginning of this year did I completely get over them. I also completely relate to the part where you said you wanted to be in a relationship but aren’t sure if you’re emotionally ready. I can relate to that a lot and mentally (idk if that’s the same thing or not but I’m just going to put it anyways) I also over think a lot from past relationships and my past in general and I guess that’s why I’m the type to move super super SUPER slow in a relationship I guess I don’t know but yes I can relate a lot to basically everything you just said. 

On 3/23/2023 at 5:27 PM, Catsup said:

Hey @janiyah, is there any conflict between the popular girls and your old friends that make you worried?  I wonder if there is a way you could get to know the popular girls better without sacrificing any friendships you already have.  Is it an option for you to sit with the popular girls sometimes and sit with your other friends at other times?

well the girls are trying to break us up and like all the popular girls and boys were sitting with me for while them i said i canceled a event that i invited them to them they stopped sitting with me

• Hug 1

12 minutes ago, janiyah said:

well the girls are trying to break us up and like all the popular girls and boys were sitting with me for while them i said i canceled a event that i invited them to them they stopped sitting with me

I'm sorry to hear that, it sounds very stressful.  How are things going with your old friends at this point?

Staff-Account.png

3 minutes ago, Catsup said:

I'm sorry to hear that, it sounds very stressful.  How are things going with your old friends at this point?

well me and my old friends promised to make a pact so we are great but i think i am falling in love with my best friends sister

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2023 at 8:13 PM, Olivia05 said:

Hey @Gremlin, I’m Emerrson but you can call me Emmy. I can relate to this so much. I came out of a relationship at the end of august last year and only the beginning of this year did I completely get over them. I also completely relate to the part where you said you wanted to be in a relationship but aren’t sure if you’re emotionally ready. I can relate to that a lot and mentally (idk if that’s the same thing or not but I’m just going to put it anyways) I also over think a lot from past relationships and my past in general and I guess that’s why I’m the type to move super super SUPER slow in a relationship I guess I don’t know but yes I can relate a lot to basically everything you just said. 

Hi Emmy thank you!
Its good to know that other people have this obstacle to go through after a break up 😅