Blackmail

Jon doe    

OK surrounding me this girl messaged me on Snapchat I am currently single and I thought she was pretty So I went with the conversation at some point a time she offered to exchange photos nudeso she sent 1 1st And told me to send one back I felt obligated so I did next thing you know she screenshots to the pictures of me face Looks me up on Facebook screenshot all my family and friends profiles and threatens do send and post my nude my face To all my family and friends and if I block her she'll do it and if I don't pay her the money she'll do it she's asking me to pay her 300 bucks I explained to her that I couldn't do it I don't know what to do and she keeps threatening me

• Digital Mentor
4 hours ago, Jon doe said:

OK surrounding me this girl messaged me on Snapchat I am currently single and I thought she was pretty So I went with the conversation at some point a time she offered to exchange photos nudeso she sent 1 1st And told me to send one back I felt obligated so I did next thing you know she screenshots to the pictures of me face Looks me up on Facebook screenshot all my family and friends profiles and threatens do send and post my nude my face To all my family and friends and if I block her she'll do it and if I don't pay her the money she'll do it she's asking me to pay her 300 bucks I explained to her that I couldn't do it I don't know what to do and she keeps threatening me

Hi @Jon doe, I noticed that you are new here so I wanted to start off by welcoming you to the community.  I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label. Thank you so much for sharing what's happened to you. I know it can be difficult to talk about and I'm really sorry that this has happened to you. I can imagine this is probably very stressful for you, but I just want you to know that you have come to the right place and we can help you. 

Firstly, if you would find it helpful, we may be able to have their Snapchat account removed. To do this, please send a link to your account and theirs with screenshots of the conversation where they threaten you. Please block out any of the nude content when you send this over - this is really important! You can either use our only support tool https://ditchthelabel.org/report/ or send an email to support@ditchthelabel.org if you prefer. 

Secondly, if you haven’t done so already, I would advise you to make your all your social media accounts private and block the individual (some social media platforms have an option where you can block any new accounts they might make). You could even ask your friends and family to block the account if you like.  If they know your real name, take this out of any social media usernames. You could also try to find their account on other social media platforms and block them there. 

Also, have you thought about reporting this to the police because the blackmail aspect of this is a crime? Do you mind me asking how old you are and where you live? Depending on your age and where you live, they might also be committing a crime just by having your photos. 

We have lots of experience in supporting people who have been blackmailed to pay money in the same way you have. As a general rule we advise to never pay the individual. Their only motivation is money, and when they realise they aren’t going to get it, they have nothing to gain by then leaking the picture as they know they won’t get the money. 

I hope this has reassured you a little. How are you feeling now? Please know that we are here for you and we can support you through this. 

Staff-Account.png