my bfs lying

shawm    

I’ve been suspicious of my boyfriend lately. He’s been acting weird. We’ve been dating for 4 months and we’ve never met irl or facetimed. So i reached out to one of his ex’s (ik that was wrong), and his ex exposed that he wasn’t real and was a lying catfish. So i’m really overwhelmed and i don’t know what to do. I obviously love him and don’t want to break up but he’s my everything. If i talk to him abt it then he’ll probably break up with me because i talked to his ex. I just want to be with him but with no lies.

• Hug 1

10 hours ago, shawm said:

I’ve been suspicious of my boyfriend lately. He’s been acting weird. We’ve been dating for 4 months and we’ve never met irl or facetimed. So i reached out to one of his ex’s (ik that was wrong), and his ex exposed that he wasn’t real and was a lying catfish. So i’m really overwhelmed and i don’t know what to do. I obviously love him and don’t want to break up but he’s my everything. If i talk to him abt it then he’ll probably break up with me because i talked to his ex. I just want to be with him but with no lies.

Hi @shawm and welcome here to Ditch the Label!  I'm sorry to hear about these problems you are having with your boyfriend.  Since you two have never talked through video or met in person, it sounds like you cannot know who our boyfriend is with 100% certainty.  I think that knowing about your boyfriend is very important, and like you said, you do not want lies.  Would you consider talking to him about your concerns without bringing up the ex you talked to?  It is clear that you were worried already before you talked to his ex, so it might make sense to bring up some of the feelings you are having.

I also want to add something to think about: Do you believe him when he tells you who he is, or even his age?  These are important things to think about when dating online, especially for your safety.  Whatever you decide to do with the relationship right now, it would be best to not share too many details about yourself, until you know who this is and if he is someone even your age.

Welcome again, and let me know what you think of all this if you can!  We definitely want to look out for you. 🙂

Staff-Account.png