I got rejected.

Madeleine_357    

So my friend made me text him, This was our conversation.

Me: I like you

Him: wdym

Me: I like you.

Him: Do you really or is this just a joke

Me: real

Him: oh. Well mandy (everything in this bracket is not part  of what he sent but my name, Maddy, autocorrected to Mandy.) I'm really sorry. I just wanna be friends. 

Me: Good. _______ made me do it until I got an answer.  I'm sorry. I just wanna be friends too.

Him: ok thank you mandy (AGAIN WITH HIS AUTOCORRECT and this is again not part of the text he sent) I thought so.

Me: lol (laughing crying emoji) "mandy" yeah let's just be friends.

Him: lol yeah

Me replying to the text where I said good ___made me do it and blah blah: That was a dare. Is what I meant to say.

Him: ikik

Me: ok good lol

So. Yeah. We were all wrong apparently. All my friends, everyone on here. I had a gut feelings it wasn't mutual. But it's ok. Now it'll hopefully be easier to be friends with him. And I have a strange feeling this topic isn't done. So we'll see what happens. I'm honeslty very confused. He doesn't like me like that, but there's a whole bunch of clues that make it seem like he does. I have never been more confused in my life. And rn I'm not really feeling anything. I'm just numb,

• Hug 2
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Madeleine_357 said:

Him: oh. Well mandy (everything in this bracket is not part  of what he sent but my name, Maddy, autocorrected to Mandy.) I'm really sorry. I just wanna be friends. 

Me: Good. _______ made me do it until I got an answer.  I'm sorry. I just wanna be friends too.

Him: ok thank you mandy (AGAIN WITH HIS AUTOCORRECT and this is again not part of the text he sent) I thought so.

Me replying to the text where I said good ___made me do it and blah blah: That was a dare. Is what I meant to say.

So. Yeah. We were all wrong apparently. All my friends, everyone on here. I had a gut feelings it wasn't mutual. But it's ok. Now it'll hopefully be easier to be friends with him. And I have a strange feeling this topic isn't done. So we'll see what happens. I'm honeslty very confused. He doesn't like me like that, but there's a whole bunch of clues that make it seem like he does. I have never been more confused in my life. And rn I'm not really feeling anything. I'm just numb,

im sorry that happened

18 hours ago, La_Bonita_Chica said:

im sorry that happened

Thanks. 

18 hours ago, Madeleine_357 said:

Hey I am sorry to hear things did not go ideally with telling your friend how you felt, and I appreciate you sharing the conversation.  It sounds like you're trying to keep a positive perspective on it, knowing the conversation might help you be friends with him in the future.  I also think it might be good that you talked to him, since this has been on your mind for a long time and now you at least have an answer for now.

Facing any kind of rejection can be extremely difficult, but I think you handled things really well in the text conversation.  The feelings afterwards can be hard, especially if there's still questions about the friendship.  For now, what do you think would be helpful for you to do so that you start to feel a bit better?  And how have you been doing since all this?

Staff-Account.png

11 hours ago, Catsup said:

Hey I am sorry to hear things did not go ideally with telling your friend how you felt, and I appreciate you sharing the conversation.  It sounds like you're trying to keep a positive perspective on it, knowing the conversation might help you be friends with him in the future.  I also think it might be good that you talked to him, since this has been on your mind for a long time and now you at least have an answer for now.

Facing any kind of rejection can be extremely difficult, but I think you handled things really well in the text conversation.  The feelings afterwards can be hard, especially if there's still questions about the friendship.  For now, what do you think would be helpful for you to do so that you start to feel a bit better?  And how have you been doing since all this?

Well, I know that there's a chance he's thinking about it. To make me feel better, well it would help if this dude could meet me halfway here! We had progress before and now I feel like we're back at square 1. I kinda feel like I have to restart, because now he's probably analyzing everything I do around him to figure out if I was playing it off or not. Everything I do from this point onwards will affect the future of our relationship, and I have to be very careful about how I go about it. Since all of this, I've been kinda sorta a little bit avoiding any kind of contact with him. He STILL LOOKES AT ME. IT'S SO WEIRD. I don't know how I misread the signs so bad, but most of them pointed to him liking me. Since this happened last night, I've just been kinda acting as normal as I can, bec I played it off as a dare, so hopefully that's what he thinks it was. I've just been kinda ranting to my friend and trying to come up with a game plan for what I'm going to do. I still like him, and I will most likely like him for a long while, but I can't control my emotions for people like I used to be able to (long story) and I'm stuck with them for the time being. I'm just gonna go for friendship rn, and if something happens romantically between us before I move on, great. If not at least I'll have my friend back.

ll have 

On 3/8/2023 at 4:37 PM, Catsup said:

So yeah. 

On 3/8/2023 at 8:15 PM, Madeleine_357 said:

Well, I know that there's a chance he's thinking about it. To make me feel better, well it would help if this dude could meet me halfway here! We had progress before and now I feel like we're back at square 1. I kinda feel like I have to restart, because now he's probably analyzing everything I do around him to figure out if I was playing it off or not. Everything I do from this point onwards will affect the future of our relationship, and I have to be very careful about how I go about it. Since all of this, I've been kinda sorta a little bit avoiding any kind of contact with him. He STILL LOOKES AT ME. IT'S SO WEIRD. I don't know how I misread the signs so bad, but most of them pointed to him liking me. Since this happened last night, I've just been kinda acting as normal as I can, bec I played it off as a dare, so hopefully that's what he thinks it was. I've just been kinda ranting to my friend and trying to come up with a game plan for what I'm going to do. I still like him, and I will most likely like him for a long while, but I can't control my emotions for people like I used to be able to (long story) and I'm stuck with them for the time being. I'm just gonna go for friendship rn, and if something happens romantically between us before I move on, great. If not at least I'll have my friend back.

ll have 

Hey! Definitely sounds like you're doing well keeping the friendship and being available, while also keeping things in perspective.  It can be frustrating and confusing to be in an uncertain situation with your friend, so do keep us updated if you would like more ideas or just to listen. 🙂 

Staff-Account.png

5 hours ago, Catsup said:

Hey! Definitely sounds like you're doing well keeping the friendship and being available, while also keeping things in perspective.  It can be frustrating and confusing to be in an uncertain situation with your friend, so do keep us updated if you would like more ideas or just to listen. 🙂 

Thanks! Things are definitely not over, there's still stuff going on between us, but ig we'll see how it goes! Thanks for the help, it's nice to know I have support on here! <3 

• Like 1