thinking

neekob2222 Β  Β 

I've been thinking about becoming a trans female but i dont know how to tell my parents that because im really scared because if my dad found out i wanted to be trans he be dissapointed of me and idk about how my mom would feel and my older brother would make fun of me.

the most neutral way to come out is to ask for ur familys opinion on transgenderism first; if their response is negative or hateful then u shouldnt come out since it wouldnt be safe; if their response is neutral or respectful then its ur choice to come out or not; if their response is positive and supportive then u can safely come out right after the conversation! asking abt the topic first is like a radar for transphobia so u can better avoid itΒ 

• Digital Mentor
21 hours ago, neekob2222 said:

I've been thinking about becoming a trans female but i dont know how to tell my parents that because im really scared because if my dad found out i wanted to be trans he be dissapointed of me and idk about how my mom would feel and my older brother would make fun of me.

Hi @neekob222, thank you for sharing this with us. I thought it was interesting how you said that you are thinking about becoming a trans female. I'm just wondering if that means that you are still figuring things out at the moment? Do you feel ready to talk to your parents about this or do you think you would like some more time to figure things out for yourself first?Β 

Staff-Account.png

I'm still figuring out if i wanna become a trans female and im kind of scared of coming mine out to my parents.

• Digital Mentor
22 hours ago, neekob2222 said:

I'm still figuring out if i wanna become a trans female and im kind of scared of coming mine out to my parents.

When we are figuring out who we are it often takes time. Please don't feel you have to put any pressure on yourself to have an answer straight away. Usually with time things will become clearer. My suggestion would be to trust how you are feeling and allow that to lead. How does that sound?

And then once you feel clearer about your identity you can start thinking about if and when you want to tell your parents. What do you think? If you think it would be helpful to talk to someone about how you are feeling, maybe you could speak to a friend or different family member first. Someone who you trust and who you think will be supportive. In the meantime please know that we are always here to listen and support you along the way.Β 

Staff-Account.png