This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other, Self-Harm

Bad day

-Aussie- Β  Β 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other, Self-Harm

Click this notice to reveal the content.

So this is about yesterday cause I wasn't able to post it yesterday...So I feel like I am going to cry me and my stepmother got in argument then me and my sister got in an argument so that was fun then when I got to school I hit one of my friends so that made it worst then I yelled at one of me friends to "Shut up". I feel so bad that I did all of that and when I got to Spanish Class I started crying and like always no one seemed to notice me. Then last but not least last night I did a few small cuts on my arm and I wish I didn't and I regret doing that cause I was over a year clean. I understand this is a lot to read but I just needed to say this.

• Digital Mentor

16 minutes ago, -Marra- said:

So this is about yesterday cause I wasn't able to post it yesterday...So I feel like I am going to cry me and my stepmother got in argument then me and my sister got in an argument so that was fun then when I got to school I hit one of my friends so that made it worst then I yelled at one of me friends to "Shut up". I feel so bad that I did all of that and when I got to Spanish Class I started crying and like always no one seemed to notice me. Then last but not least last night I did a few small cuts on my arm and I wish I didn't and I regret doing that cause I was over a year clean. I understand this is a lot to read but I just needed to say this.

Hi there, thanks so much for opening up about what's been going on for you. I'm really glad that you are not keeping this to yourself. It sounds like you have some really big emotions inside you, that need to come out but you don't seem to have a safe space or the support around you that you need right now. Does that sound about right? Do you have anyone at all who you can talk to about what's been going on? Β I noticed that you said that like always no one seemed to notice me and I get the impression that you could really do with a big hug and someone to talk to right now.Β 

Sad Best Friends GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

You mentioned that you did a few small cuts on your arm and you regret doing it as you haven't cut yourself in over a year. It sounds like you have been doing amazingly well and please don't feel bad that you have had a little relapse. It's really common for this to happen and you can get back on track! You might find it helpful to remind yourself why you stopped cutting before and how you did it? If you feel comfortable to maybe you could share what helped you before?

Please know that we are here for you!

Β 

Staff-Account.png

5 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Hi there, thanks so much for opening up about what's been going on for you. I'm really glad that you are not keeping this to yourself. It sounds like you have some really big emotions inside you, that need to come out but you don't seem to have a safe space or the support around you that you need right now. Does that sound about right? Do you have anyone at all who you can talk to about what's been going on? Β I noticed that you said that like always no one seemed to notice me and I get the impression that you could really do with a big hug and someone to talk to right now.Β 

Sad Best Friends GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

You mentioned that you did a few small cuts on your arm and you regret doing it as you haven't cut yourself in over a year. It sounds like you have been doing amazingly well and please don't feel bad that you have had a little relapse. It's really common for this to happen and you can get back on track! You might find it helpful to remind yourself why you stopped cutting before and how you did it? If you feel comfortable to maybe you could share what helped you before?

Please know that we are here for you!

The reason I stopped is cause my mom found out and I was really guilty and I have my therapist I can talk to but I don't really trust he that much and I always get ignored by teachers. I hate talking to people so most of the times I just bury my feelings inside then I will just burst.

• Digital Mentor

5 minutes ago, -Marra- said:

The reason I stopped is cause my mom found out and I was really guilty and I have my therapist I can talk to but I don't really trust he that much and I always get ignored by teachers. I hate talking to people so most of the times I just bury my feelings inside then I will just burst.

It sounds to me like burying your feelings inside doesn't seem to work that well, is that right? If you don't like talking to people, have you tried any other ways of dealing and processing your feelings? Some people find keeping a diary really helps them or writing poems, others find art or music a helpful way to express feelings. Also, meditation and mindfulness can be other helpful coping strategies. I'm just wondering, if you have tried anything like that and if you've found anything particularly helpful?

Also, if you don't really trust your therapist that much is there anyway you could see someone else instead? Β I think in order for therapy to be helpful you need to be able to trust your therapist. What you think?Β 

Staff-Account.png

43 minutes ago, Aurora said:

It sounds to me like burying your feelings inside doesn't seem to work that well, is that right? If you don't like talking to people, have you tried any other ways of dealing and processing your feelings? Some people find keeping a diary really helps them or writing poems, others find art or music a helpful way to express feelings. Also, meditation and mindfulness can be other helpful coping strategies. I'm just wondering, if you have tried anything like that and if you've found anything particularly helpful?

Also, if you don't really trust your therapist that much is there anyway you could see someone else instead? Β I think in order for therapy to be helpful you need to be able to trust your therapist. What you think?Β 

i like music but when i play an instrement it is not fun anymore and i can't write at all i have tried and i can't focus enough to do meditation. I don't trust me therapist cause she is new and the first person i have ever had to talk too cause i always bury my feeling so my parents just found out about every thing i have been hiding from them for over the corse of 7 or more years.Β 

• Digital Mentor

5 minutes ago, -Marra- said:

i like music but when i play an instrement it is not fun anymore and i can't write at all i have tried and i can't focus enough to do meditation. I don't trust me therapist cause she is new and the first person i have ever had to talk too cause i always bury my feeling so my parents just found out about every thing i have been hiding from them for over the corse of 7 or more years.Β 

Do you mind me asking, how they found out? How did they react and how are you feeling, now that they have found out?Β 

Staff-Account.png

38 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Do you mind me asking, how they found out? How did they react and how are you feeling, now that they have found out?Β 

they found how cause I just "exploded". I wish they didn't know i don't want them to know

• Digital Mentor

20 hours ago, -Marra- said:

they found how cause I just "exploded". I wish they didn't know i don't want them to know

I think that's what's difficult if we bury our feelings. At some point they need to come out and it's only natural to just "explode" because they've been buried inside us for so long and need to come out. In those situations we often can't control what we say and we'll say or do stuff we don't really want to, because our emotions have become so strong and tale over. Does that sound right? Do you think it might be helpful to explore other ways of dealing with your feelings?Β 

Can I ask, how did your parents react when it all came out and how is everything now?Β 

Also, I just wanted to pick up on a point that you made earlier. You said that you don't trust your therapist, because she is new and the first person you've ever had to talk to. I just wanted to reassure you, that it's normal to feel like that. It can take a while until we trust someone. Hopefully, once you get to know your therapist a bit more and you've gotten used to her you'll feel more comfortable talking to her. What do you think?Β 

Staff-Account.png

2 hours ago, Aurora said:

I think that's what's difficult if we bury our feelings. At some point they need to come out and it's only natural to just "explode" because they've been buried inside us for so long and need to come out. In those situations we often can't control what we say and we'll say or do stuff we don't really want to, because our emotions have become so strong and tale over. Does that sound right? Do you think it might be helpful to explore other ways of dealing with your feelings?Β 

Can I ask, how did your parents react when it all came out and how is everything now?Β 

Also, I just wanted to pick up on a point that you made earlier. You said that you don't trust your therapist, because she is new and the first person you've ever had to talk to. I just wanted to reassure you, that it's normal to feel like that. It can take a while until we trust someone. Hopefully, once you get to know your therapist a bit more and you've gotten used to her you'll feel more comfortable talking to her. What do you think?Β 

when my parents first figured it out they pulled me into a room and we talked about it for almost two hours before school and they said i had to stop being friends with all of my friends so that happened them they figured out i was thinking about su!d!e so the school called them and now i am in therpy and i go there today.Β 

• Digital Mentor

7 minutes ago, -Marra- said:

when my parents first figured it out they pulled me into a room and we talked about it for almost two hours before school and they said i had to stop being friends with all of my friends so that happened them they figured out i was thinking about su!d!e so the school called them and now i am in therpy and i go there today.Β 

Thank you for sharing all this with me. I know that you don't like talking about things and I'm glad that you feel like you can open up about what's been going on for you.Β  It sounds like a lot happened and you were keeping lots locked up inside. Can I ask, now that your school and your parents know about how you feel, has that changed anything? Do you feel safe now or do you still have those thoughts?Β 

How do you feel about going to therapy today and what are your best hopes from going?Β 

I'm sorry for asking so many questions but I want to make sure that you are safe and that you get the support you deserve,Β  And the more we know the better we can support you.Β 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor

Just to let you know that I have to log off now and I won't be back online until Monday. I know you are also speaking to @LuieΒ on confidential support so please send them a message if you want to talk to someone before Monday. We're here for you!Β 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, Aurora said:

Just to let you know that I have to log off now and I won't be back online until Monday. I know you are also speaking to @LuieΒ on confidential support so please send them a message if you want to talk to someone before Monday. We're here for you!Β 

Thanks for the heads up @Aurora.

@-Marra-Β I've closed the request on confidential support as per our conversation. I am happy to provide you support on community or if you do need more one to one, please just send across a request. Here for you!

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor

On 3/2/2023 at 2:28 PM, -Marra- said:

Hi @-Marra-, I hope you had a nice weekend and your session with the therapist went well. I'm back online and I just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing?Β 

Staff-Account.png

27 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Hi @-Marra-, I hope you had a nice weekend and your session with the therapist went well. I'm back online and I just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing?Β 

I think I am doing ok I have been really sick all weekend and I still and sick. My therapist appointment went ok.Β 

• Digital Mentor

9 minutes ago, -Marra- said:

I think I am doing ok I have been really sick all weekend and I still and sick. My therapist appointment went ok.Β 

I'm sorry to hear you're sick at the moment. really hope you feel better soon. There are so many bugs going round at the moment 🀧

I'm glad to hear that you're doing Ok and your therapist appointment went OK. Was there anything in particular you found helpful?

Staff-Account.png

13 minutes ago, Aurora said:

I'm sorry to hear you're sick at the moment. really hope you feel better soon. There are so many bugs going round at the moment 🀧

I'm glad to hear that you're doing Ok and your therapist appointment went OK. Was there anything in particular you found helpful?

There was not really anything I found helpfulΒ 

13 minutes ago, Aurora said:

• Digital Mentor

Just now, -Marra- said:

Not to worry. It sounds like you're still getting to know your therapist. Hopefully once you feel more comfortable with them and you start to trust them you'll find the sessions more helpful. What do you think?Β 

Staff-Account.png