School on lock down, no clue why

ArtemisArt    

I was sitting in my second hour, when we were told we were going into lock down. State troopers and dogs are here, and we have no clue why. This is kinda scary, we should have moved classes by now, we have absolutly know clue what is going on. Please wish for every one over here to be safe

Ok, we know what is happening now. Drug dogs, four kids have been pulled to the office so far, two with marijuana, two with vapes... still havn't moved classes, so there is a chance more might be found

ok, we have moved on to our next class, I will keep you guys updated as I learn more

• Digital Mentor

Hi there, thanks for your post and your updates. I'm assuming it's all back to normal now at your school. Is that right? How are you feeling about it all? I can imagine it must have been pretty stressful being told you're going into lockdown with state troopers and dogs there and not knowing why? We're here for you if you want to talk about it some more

Staff-Account.png

yeah, things are all back to normal. I wish I didn't have to feel so nervous with that, but if we hadn't heard from another class, my class wouldn't even have known as the speakers don't work. I am honestly just sick of the lack of feeling safe in school.

• Digital Mentor
2 minutes ago, ArtemisArt said:

yeah, things are all back to normal. I wish I didn't have to feel so nervous with that, but if we hadn't heard from another class, my class wouldn't even have known as the speakers don't work. I am honestly just sick of the lack of feeling safe in school.

I can imagine! Being safe in school really should be the top priority and it's really frustrating and sad that this isn't the case. I think there are lots of others, who feel the same as you do. Can I ask, does your school do anything to try and address this? Also, has there been any support afterwards to make sure everyone is feeling OK? 

Staff-Account.png

My school does practicaly nothing to try and address this, if students had not been communicating and connecting the dots, we wouldn't know why we had the lockdown, as they have said nothing about it. As for there being support, I could honestly be laughing at the idea if it wasn't so sad, as support is just not a word for my school.

• Digital Mentor
22 hours ago, ArtemisArt said:

My school does practicaly nothing to try and address this, if students had not been communicating and connecting the dots, we wouldn't know why we had the lockdown, as they have said nothing about it. As for there being support, I could honestly be laughing at the idea if it wasn't so sad, as support is just not a word for my school.

I'm sorry to hear that. That sounds really tough! I don't think your schools response to all of this is good enough. I'm wondering, what do your parents think about all this and how it has been handled? Maybe they could make a complaint. What do you think? 

Staff-Account.png