So there is this girl...

fangirl    

I'm 15 and I've never really had a crush before, only on celebrities. I went out once with a guy and even though he was very kind I didn't want anything from him. And now I've got this girl. We've been going to the same class since 2016 and this summer we went to the UK with some of our other classmates (I'm from Hungary). On thattrip we were together for 10 days and I started to have some very weird feelings about her. Actually I still have those feelings, but I can't figure out why. It's not like I wanna be her friend, I know that feeling at that's completly different. I want to hold her hand, watch series togehter, kiss her... it's not about my sexuality. I'm young, I have plenty of time to figure that out. It's about what to do with this girl. I don't want to ruin our friendship or anything but for some reason I can't let that feeling away... Should i do something? Or should i wait for those feelings to go away so I can move on with my life?

p.s sorry for my english I hope you could understood what i was saying..:)

Hey there FanGirl!

Welcome to Community-- and thank you for sharing your story. This is the fun part of building relationships.. but it can definitely cause some stress sometimes!

It sounds like you would like to have the opportunity to explore what your feelings with her mean.... but it means you'll need her consent!

You can either keep the friendship the way it is, or open up to her about your desire to develop the friendship. I know it's a gamble...

You telling her that you would like to be affectionate with her and do more solo activities doesn't have to mean it ruins the friendship, though. You value the friendship, first... it doesn't have to get awkward if she doesn't feel the same way.

The reason it would be awkward is if the only way you want/could have a friendship with her is if you're more than friends. But if you are okay with the possibility of only being friends, after telling her that you want more, then there shouldn't be a reason for the friendship to change.

What do you think?

-willow

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

Hi!

Thank you for answering, the fact that I can talk to someone about this means a lot to me.

I dont't think I'm ready to tell her abput my feelings (yet), so being friends with her is a good start for me.

Do you think I should tell my friends? I'm scared beacuse what if they'll think I'm doing this for attention? Also I don't want things to get weird since we (my friends, the girl and me) are all in the same group of friends, and what if they will act weirdly around her?

Hey FanGirl!

That's difficult to know whether you should tell your other friends. Could they keep your secret? And you're right, would they start acting different around her...

Maybe if you shared it with one other person you trust. That way it's not burdening you too much? And sharing that you're interested in girls might be a good start? hopefully that will bring acceptance? and then it can open the door to questions like ?is there someone you like'?

I'm so glad you have this place to chat.. it's so nice to be in a community where there's full acceptance!

-willow

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.