Being blackmailed

Devmod    

I’m 19 and being blacked mailed since I was dumb and sent nudes to someone who was pretending to be someone they aren’t and they asking for 100 dollars. I sent them 25 so I can get their email but I’m gonna dispute it. Im making a new Instagram should I just text before saying they have been reported to the police just so they have a reason not to send it or should I just block them. 

• Digital Mentor
17 minutes ago, Devmod said:

I’m 19 and being blacked mailed since I was dumb and sent nudes to someone who was pretending to be someone they aren’t and they asking for 100 dollars. I sent them 25 so I can get their email but I’m gonna dispute it. Im making a new Instagram should I just text before saying they have been reported to the police just so they have a reason not to send it or should I just block them. 

Heyy @Devmod, I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label. Thank you for reaching out to us about this. I'm sorry to hear you have been blackmailed for your nudes. I can imagine that this is really stressful for you, and I just want you to know that we are here to help you in whatever way we can.  None of this is your fault, and you had no idea that they would break your trust like this, how are you feeling and coping with it all?

Is there is any evidence of  them talking with you on any social media platform? (Especially where they have threatened you, then please send a screenshot of this with both of your usernames to support@ditchthelabel.org and we can report this for you. This will not get you in trouble with the police, and it may mean that his account gets removed. We are trusted flaggers at Ditch the Label, and any report we make is prioritised by the platform and looked at first. I understand why you did send the $25 to them, moving forward please do not send them any more money. Once you have done this, I would really encourage you to block all accounts and not accept any new message requests. I'd say once you have reported it to us and we get the account removed, just don't have further contact with them. 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor

Heyy @Devmod - I've responded to the Confidential support request as well. Please feel free to continue this conversation there. 

Staff-Account.png