Help Im being blackmailed

hades5821 Β  Β 

I was being stupid and sent nudes of myself to a random person on the internet. They said that they want $50 a week or else they will leak my nudes. My face is not connected to the nude photo but they have a photo of my face. I already paid them $50 but they want more. They have screenshots of all my Instagram followers that they will message. I'm really scared and don't know what to do because my mom will be so mad and I'm a minor. If anyone has gone through this can they please tell me what happened and how it went?

• Digital Mentor
14 hours ago, hades5821 said:

I was being stupid and sent nudes of myself to a random person on the internet. They said that they want $50 a week or else they will leak my nudes. My face is not connected to the nude photo but they have a photo of my face. I already paid them $50 but they want more. They have screenshots of all my Instagram followers that they will message. I'm really scared and don't know what to do because my mom will be so mad and I'm a minor. If anyone has gone through this can they please tell me what happened and how it went?

Heyy @hades5821, I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label.Β Thank you for reaching out to us about this. I'm sorry to hear you have been blackmailed for your nudes. I can imagine that this is really stressful for you, and I just want you to know that we are here to help you in whatever way we can.

If there is any evidence ofΒ  them talking with you on any social media platform? (Especially where they have threatened you, then please send a screenshot of this with both of your usernames to support@ditchthelabel.org and we can report this for you.Β This will not get you in trouble with the police, and it may mean that his account gets removed. We are trusted flaggers at Ditch the Label, and any report we make is prioritised by the platform and looked at first. I understand why you did send the money to them, and blackmailers do tend to keep asking for more once they receive it the first time, so please do not send them any more money.Β Once you have done this, I would really encourage you to block all accounts and not accept any new message requests. Also, if there are any other steps you've taken please do let me know.Β 

None of this is your fault, and you had no idea that they would break your trust like this, I know it's extremely scary and I can imagine this is all pretty stressful for you; how are you feeling and coping with it all?
Β 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
15 hours ago, hades5821 said:

Im scared to block them because they said they will leak my nudes if I block them.

Heyy @hades5821, I want to check with you if you've followed the steps that I mentioned in the earlier message?

Staff-Account.png