Not sure if I'm pansexual or just curious?

Bee99 Β  Β 

I've been questioning recently my sexuality or orientation and unsure. I've grown up kinda in the old fashioned way and shaped by media, really only in the past 4 years becoming open and understanding to the lgbtq community and the different types of sexuality and genders. I've liked guys for all my life but I've recently questioned if i like girls/feminine showing people and some girls i do fancy but i could probably only kiss and that's it and I'll have random thoughts like hmmm maybe she will be my first gf. I however kinda get repulsed by this but i dont know haha I'm confused and want answers but i know only i can answer it. i just don't see a relationship with them as I do with a guy or masculine showing person. This is a messy question or topic, not great at explaining but i feel that I like anyone who presents masculine i feel, but not sure what that is. I understand you don't need to have a label but idk, nice to figure this out.

I notice now that its ironic on this i like labels so probably will work on that haha πŸ˜†

Thank you and just want some advice or thoughts.Β 

Bee

3 hours ago, mivoei said:

minromantic/sexualΒ may be what youre looking for. it stands for romantic/sexual attraction toward those that are masculine in nature [whether itd be their gender or gender expression]

oh that could be it! thank you so much xxπŸ€—

On 1/21/2023 at 7:20 AM, Crystaliana said:

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
On 2/9/2023 at 12:16 AM, Bee99 said:

I've been questioning recently my sexuality or orientation and unsure. I've grown up kinda in the old fashioned way and shaped by media, really only in the past 4 years becoming open and understanding to the lgbtq community and the different types of sexuality and genders. I've liked guys for all my life but I've recently questioned if i like girls/feminine showing people and some girls i do fancy but i could probably only kiss and that's it and I'll have random thoughts like hmmm maybe she will be my first gf. I however kinda get repulsed by this but i dont know haha I'm confused and want answers but i know only i can answer it. i just don't see a relationship with them as I do with a guy or masculine showing person. This is a messy question or topic, not great at explaining but i feel that I like anyone who presents masculine i feel, but not sure what that is. I understand you don't need to have a label but idk, nice to figure this out.

I notice now that its ironic on this i like labels so probably will work on that haha πŸ˜†

Thank you and just want some advice or thoughts.Β 

Bee

Heyy @Bee99, I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label.Β Β I see that you're new to our platform and I wanted to say a massive welcome! Super awesome having you join our community. You can start conversations like this or even join other topics on the forums option. We also offer one to one support if you'd prefer that, if you click on 'Confidential Support' in the top bar next to blogs, you can send a request and one of the support mentors will get back to you.Β 

Now, getting to what you've shared, the confusion you're feeling around your preferences is completely okay. Growing up with just a single narrative around gender and sexuality can make you question whether there is something not right, to that I want to say I appreciate your openness and approach to exploring the LGBTQI+ Community in the past four years and trying to get a better understanding of what and who you might like.

I think @mivoeiΒ has given a label which could be something you resonate with and that's wonderful. I do want to add to it that sexuality exists on a continuum, so if you feel something currently towards a woman and are wanting a more masculine energy with them that's okay, just like it would be if you decided that it isn't for you and something altogether is.Β  A suggestion from my end when exploring your sexuality would be to give yourself the space and time to experiment (safely ofcourse) and see what fits the best for you. It's never a linear journey and that's okay. Does this sound helpful to you?

• Hug 1

Staff-Account.png

2 hours ago, Luie said:

Heyy @Bee99, I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label.Β Β I see that you're new to our platform and I wanted to say a massive welcome! Super awesome having you join our community. You can start conversations like this or even join other topics on the forums option. We also offer one to one support if you'd prefer that, if you click on 'Confidential Support' in the top bar next to blogs, you can send a request and one of the support mentors will get back to you.Β 

Now, getting to what you've shared, the confusion you're feeling around your preferences is completely okay. Growing up with just a single narrative around gender and sexuality can make you question whether there is something not right, to that I want to say I appreciate your openness and approach to exploring the LGBTQI+ Community in the past four years and trying to get a better understanding of what and who you might like.

I think @mivoeiΒ has given a label which could be something you resonate with and that's wonderful. I do want to add to it that sexuality exists on a continuum, so if you feel something currently towards a woman and are wanting a more masculine energy with them that's okay, just like it would be if you decided that it isn't for you and something altogether is.Β  A suggestion from my end when exploring your sexuality would be to give yourself the space and time to experiment (safely ofcourse) and see what fits the best for you. It's never a linear journey and that's okay. Does this sound helpful to you?

Thank you so much for this advice, yeah you truly got how I'm feeling. Thank you for the help ☺️

• Digital Mentor
16 hours ago, Bee99 said:

Thank you so much for this advice, yeah you truly got how I'm feeling. Thank you for the help ☺️

So glad to hear this, and just know if you want to revisit this and talk more, here for you! It's an ongoing journey and doubting, questioning, going back and forth is all part of the process.Β 

In Love Hug GIF by Neil Sanders

• Hug 1

Staff-Account.png