People at my church

prolific05    

i feel like people from Harvesters dont care about me. They never invite me to hang out with them. Idk why these Asian want to just hang with other Asian people and ignore non-asians like they're playing favorites with people. They never call me, message or nothing. It sounds like theyre being very selfish. I feel like they're not thinking about me.

Hey Prolific05,

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling secluded!

No matter how much you have in common, some people just stay within their cultural group. It's probably nothing against you, but in their culture-based community they might feel safest.

Have you tried asking a person, 1 to 1, if they would like to hang out? It's usually a bit easier to build a friendship with one person, rather than try to enter a whole friends group.

What kinds of things are they doing that you would like to be invited to do?

Why are you expecting them to call you/message you? Have you tried doing these things toward them? -- Unless they're interested in being friends with you, I don't know why they would call/message you.

-willow

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

I would want to be invited to birthday parties, concerts, to out to eat, to the gym, on trips outside of state, or hang out at their house. I did asked them to do something nice for me but they ignored that or didnt see my message. They just didnt say anything

Hey Prolific05,

Are these people going out as a church group? Or are groups of friends within the church going out and doing fun things together?

Yeah, they may not have seen your message... or maybe they didn't know what you meant when you asked them to 'do something nice' for you. What does that mean? Are you sure you have the correct phone number?

-willow

Hey Prolific05,

Have you ever been invited before? Have they expressed wanting to invite you?

Maybe you could plan something and try inviting them to your event/activity, versus waiting for them to invite you to their activity?

-willow

They never thought about inviting me. I want to hang out too. I think planning for something and inviting them doesn't work for me. I dont care if they're busy. 6 asians girls from my church never invite to do things with them. All they think about is each other

Maybe i would rather ditch Harvesters Ministry since they think they're so busy doing something, not doing nothing nice for me, not inviting me to hang out with them, not answering my calls and not replying to my messages (sometimes they take forever to reply) and acting like i dont exist. All they think about is each other. Theyre so annoying. Even the Asian Pastor he ignores my messages and phone calls. I would go to a church at my favorite 4 year university that im transferring to and be with someome who really wants to be my friend and invite me to hang out every week, or twice a week or something. Do u have facebook or snapchat? All through Middle school or high school, ive never been invited. Even in college, i still never been invited. Idk what is it about me that they dont want to invite me. I see them being happy around other Asians and white people

Hey Prolific05,

You keep mentioning these people's culture and race. This isn't an appropriate place to be angry at a person and try to put blame on a person's culture/race. These people aren't 'not responding' because they are Asian. It doesn't matter that they are Asian. They are people who are in your church who haven't reached out to you like you would have hoped.

Have you had many in person conversations with them? They aren't required to be your friend. It doesn't seem like they're a good friend option for you.

You might have better luck in a different church, sure. But don't expect people to invite you to things when they don't know you. You need to build an in-person friendship.. and then they'll want to hang out with you outside of school/church.

Maybe they don't feel like you have anything in common with them... but I would encourage you not to force a friendship. If they don't want a friendship, then they're not worth the effort.

I know you do want friends and to be invited to do things. How do you go about creating friendships?

I don't have a Facebook or Snapchat, but you can always message me 1-1 if you would like!

-willow

Ok i cant just blow up their phones and get angry with them bc im afraid they might block me. When i go to a differrent church on Tuesday then ill just meet one person at a time. Ill find out if she or he might have the same interest like origami, Anime, Kpop, going out, maybe traveling to different countries, drawing, board games, digital art, volleyball, and reading books