Blackmail on instagram and WhatsApp

Barnabas    

I’m being threatened that if I don’t send them money they’ll leak the video. I blocked the number on WhatsApp but they then messaged from another number. I’ve also blocked that one now as well. I tried to find their account on instagram but it’s disappeared. I’m quite an anxious person anyway and now I’m really worried. I just don’t know what to do. Hope I’ve posted this in the right place

• Hug 1

• Digital Mentor
3 hours ago, Barnabas said:

I’m being threatened that if I don’t send them money they’ll leak the video. I blocked the number on WhatsApp but they then messaged from another number. I’ve also blocked that one now as well. I tried to find their account on instagram but it’s disappeared. I’m quite an anxious person anyway and now I’m really worried. I just don’t know what to do. Hope I’ve posted this in the right place

Hi @Barnabas, welcome to Ditch the Label! I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here. I give support and advise to those that reach out to us. 

I'm really sorry this has happened to you! I saw that you also sent us a message via confidential support and I've replied to you there. 

Staff-Account.png

• 4 weeks later...

Make sure ur insta is in private.

the same thing is happening to me 

and the worst thing is I always think it’s my fault.

but don’t think it’s your fault, it’s not.

you don’t have to say but, did this person hack you, or did you send. 
because this stuff happens sometimes 

you shouldn’t blame yourself 

and don’t be too shy to tell the police or you parents.

i wish you all the best of luck.