Hopefully some motivation?

NoLifeAaron    

So it's been almost a year ago since I started working out and I just wanted to post about it to hopefully motivate someone whos thinking of starting. In a year my life has changed so much it's unbelievable. I went from being 130 pounds to 154 in just the past year. Keep in mind I still have quite a bit of problems with self image though. I used to get bullied a lot for being scrawny but now those comments have slowed up. I can do so much more then I could have ever imagined and I feel so much healthier then I could have ever imagined. I went from being able to only curl the 15 lb dumbbels to being able to curl the 30s. I went from only being able to pr deadlift around 200 lbs (pretty horribly) to being able to safely pull 260 lbs. Achieving those lifts also came with a lot of form fixing and coaching.

I guess all Im trying to say is that if a chump like me could do it everyone reading this definitely could as well. All you have to do is stop making excuses. 

"Oh I just dont have enough time" Make enough time, if you can, modify your daily schedule to fit a workout in. Trust me, future you will thank you for that. 

"Everyone will make fun of me because Im fat/skinny" Most people at the gym will not even care. Because we all started off like that. Only assholes that forgot about their past will care. 

"Everyone will male fun of me because I cant lift a lot of weight" Thats wrong. Most people wont care if you can only lift lighter weights. Make sure your form is right though because people will notice if the weight is obviously too heavy and your doing it wrong so just pick the weight that suits you. 

Honestly just become comfortable being uncomfortable. Theres one famous quote that says "If it doesn't challenge you, it doesnt change you" and that quote is absolutely true. So yeah, if you want to start lifting my advice is to just start and dont ego lift.

• Like 1
  • Hug 1