Scammer

Fernando S    

I got caught up in some sexting and the scammer has my naughty pics, face, name, and friends list. Threatening to send it to all my friends if I don’t give them money. Please help I’m scared. I’m 17 

• Digital Mentor
6 hours ago, Fernando S said:

I got caught up in some sexting and the scammer has my naughty pics, face, name, and friends list. Threatening to send it to all my friends if I don’t give them money. Please help I’m scared. I’m 17 

Hi @Fernando S, welcome to the Community! I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label. I give support and advice to those who reach out to us. 

Thank you for getting in touch. I'm really sorry that this has happened to you! I can imagine this is probably very stressful for you, but I just want you to know that you have come to the right place and we can help you. Do you mind telling me a little more about what happened? This is so I can support you better. For example where were you sexting (eg Snapchat, WhatsApp etc), did you take any screenshots of them threatening you, do you know the scammer and what country are you from? 

In the meantime, I would suggest that you make your all your social media accounts private if they are not already and block the individual (you can also select the option to block any new accounts they might make). Depending on what social media account you were using,  you could also ask your friends/followers to block the account, too.. You mentioned that they know your real name, so it might be a good idea to take this out of any social media usernames you have. You could also try to find their account on other social media platforms and block them there. 

We have quite a of experience in supporting people who have been blackmailed to pay money just like you have. As a general rule we advise to never pay the individual. Their only motivation is money, and when they realise they aren’t going to get it, they have nothing to gain by then leaking the picture. Also, you mentioned that you are 17 so that would get them into a lot of trouble if they did leak your photos and they probably know that. Therefore, I would suggest that you ignore all communication. From experience, the more time that passes, the less likely it is that the content will be leaked as the individual usually then moves on. How does that sound? 

Staff-Account.png