Should i come out to my cousin?

Bunnylover Β  Β 

Hello. Im 99% sure im gay, and I want to tell my younger cousin because she is Β like my best friend. But im scared it will ruin our relationship. Lately ive felt like i have no one to talk to because im scared of being judged. So there is one big question: is coming out to my cousin worth potentially destroying our relationship with not only her but if she tells my family, my whole family?

Edited by Bunnylover

Heyy,

Some advice for you is do whatever you want to do. Is your gut telling you to tell her? If she is like your best friend, she should be happy that you are telling her. I am very sorry that lately you have had no one to talk to because you are scared of being judged, but I am here for you and I am not judging you at all. This is completely normal. Another thing, if she is truly your best friend, she shouldn't tell anyone especially if you tell her not to. Then again, it's all up to you. I hope this helped! :)

9 hours ago, huskey said:

Heyy,

Some advice for you is do whatever you want to do. Is your gut telling you to tell her? If she is like your best friend, she should be happy that you are telling her. I am very sorry that lately you have had no one to talk to because you are scared of being judged, but I am here for you and I am not judging you at all. This is completely normal. Another thing, if she is truly your best friend, she shouldn't tell anyone especially if you tell her not to. Then again, it's all up to you. I hope this helped! :)

I like this adviceΒ 

42 minutes ago, Bunnylover said:

I think im going to text her bc i don’t see her that often and I don’t think i can say it to her face

Like I said, do whatever you are comfortable with. Just remember, you are awesome!!!! :)

• Digital Mentor
22 hours ago, Bunnylover said:

Hello. Im 99% sure im gay, and I want to tell my younger cousin because she is Β like my best friend. But im scared it will ruin our relationship. Lately ive felt like i have no one to talk to because im scared of being judged. So there is one big question: is coming out to my cousin worth potentially destroying our relationship with not only her but if she tells my family, my whole family?

Heyy @Bunnylover, I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label. Firstly, I see that you're new to our platform so wanted to say a MASSIVE WELCOMEEEEE, we are so glad to have you join us on our community. You can be yourself and express dem'feelings however you'd like, this is a safe and judgement free zone. Additionally, it's a LGBTQI+ community friendly as well.Β 

High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com

Thank you for trusting us all with sharing about your sexuality and preference. It's something huge and a cause for celebration for sure. I see that @huskey, has shared some advice about speaking your truth and sharing if you feel like it, I totally hear this and support their perspective, however, before doing this, I want to check with you about your safety if you chose to come out to your cousin? You mentioned that they are like your best friend but it could potentially destroy your relationship with them and they could spread this to other family members, would you like to share a bit more on this with me?Β 

Staff-Account.png