HELP pls

storm    

I need some help I've been contacted by someone who says he's a well known music artist he's sent me photos of himself which i have scoured all of the web and not found them anywhere so it made me think it is genuine,

He doesn't have a fb account but uses face book messenger to contact me. To begin with I was very flattered but as it's gone along he's kept asking for money stupidly enough I helped and sent a bit of money but now he's asking for more, now if this guy says hes famous and well known why would he need money from me how can I really find out who he is can anyone help ?'? he only keeps in touch through facebook messenger, I have reported this to facebook for help but have had no success

Hey Storm!

Thanks for bringing this to Community.

I'm sorry, but it does sound like someone who is trying to take advantage of you. Here is our article on catfishing... Your situation does seem very fishy!

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/am-i-being-catfished/

I'm glad you haven't sent anymore money. The fact that they aren't on Facebook is suspicious. My advice is to block this person, if you're feeling unsafe-- I can tell you're cautious, since you've already contacte Facebook about it.

Someone you don't know should never ask you for money. And although it may be nice to receive the attention, it sounds like this person is using you.

I hope this helps!

-willow

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.