Anything and Anytime

BreeKJM123    

Hi, I’m Brenda but I go by Bree. And I’m trying to tell my parents that I’m Bai. If anyone knows anything, please let me know at anytime and or anything about, please and thank you.

Just now, BreeKJM123 said:

Hi, I’m Brenda but I go by Bree. And I’m trying to tell my parents that I’m Bai. If anyone knows anything, please let me know at anytime and or anything about, please and thank you.

Aurora
This post was recognized by Aurora!

Emberfrost12 was awarded the badge 'Great Advice' and 10 points.

47 minutes ago, BreeKJM123 said:

Hey Bree! With coming out to them as bi, I'm getting that you're pretty nervous. My advice would be to test the waters first, ask them a question about queer people, even something as simple as 'can two guys get married'. Or you could watch a tv show with them that has queer characters. Based on their reaction, you can have a better idea of how to go forward, for example, if it seems positive, go ahead. If you can't tell, go ahead but make sure you are prepared to hold your ground if they try and talk you out of it. If it's negative, then wait and think about a little longer, and if it's really negative, wait until you move out to tell them. If you have any opinions on that or more questions, feel free to ask

Edited by Emberfrost12

On 1/26/2023 at 5:10 PM, Emberfrost12 said:

Hey Bree! With coming out to them as bi, I'm getting that you're pretty nervous. My advice would be to test the waters first, ask them a question about queer people, even something as simple as 'can two guys get married'. Or you could watch a tv show with them that has queer characters. Based on their reaction, you can have a better idea of how to go forward, for example, if it seems positive, go ahead. If you can't tell, go ahead but make sure you are prepared to hold your ground if they try and talk you out of it. If it's negative, then wait and think about a little longer, and if it's really negative, wait until you move out to tell them. If you have any opinions on that or more questions, feel free to ask

What gender are you and how did you come out to your family and friends?

20 hours ago, BreeKJM123 said:

What gender are you and how did you come out to your family and friends?

I'm masc-alligned genderfluid. I just kind of declared one day that I was genderfluid and everyone was like, 'okay. What is that??' and when i explained it, most people were cool with it, but some people took longer than others to start respecting it.