Skinny

Cinnamoroll_iwritebooks Β  Β 

I've slowly been eating just a little bit less. One of my friends commented on my weight, asking how I got skinny. I feel very uncomfortable. One of my friends is always talking about her weight and I think she's rubbing off on me. What do I do?

• Hug 1

Please Help!πŸ”ͺ

Seriously, can like one of those digital mentors comment or somthing

• Digital Mentor
15 hours ago, LEOQUEENUNITED said:

I've slowly been eating just a little bit less. One of my friends commented on my weight, asking how I got skinny. I feel very uncomfortable. One of my friends is always talking about her weight and I think she's rubbing off on me. What do I do?

Hi there, I'm Aurora, I'm one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label. I'm sorry it's taken us a while to reply to your post. We're not always online, that's why it can sometimes take a little while for one of us to get back to you.Β 

It sounds to me like you are a very reflective person and kudos to you for noticing that your friend's talk about her weight is rubbing off on you. These things often happen without us even noticing, so it's great that you've picked up on this and it sounds to me like you want to do something about it. Is that right? I'm wondering whether the first step might be to talk to your friend and let her know what you've noticed. She might not be aware that she keeps talking about her weight and might appreciate some support around this herself. What do you think?Β 

Staff-Account.png

We aren't currently talking and she screams at me wheneverΒ  I try to talk to her.

Somtimes its at lunch and it makes me lose my appatite.

She did it again today and I was just looking in the mirror because some kid at school called me fat.

I'm scared.

• Digital Mentor
On 1/27/2023 at 8:05 PM, LEOQUEENUNITED said:

We aren't currently talking and she screams at me wheneverΒ  I try to talk to her.

Somtimes its at lunch and it makes me lose my appatite.

She did it again today and I was just looking in the mirror because some kid at school called me fat.

I'm scared.

That sounds horrible. I'm sorry you are being treated like that. I'm not sure that she is being a very good friend at the moment. Would you agree? I'm just wondering, do you still want to be friends with her? And would you like to tell me a bit more about what is scaring you?Β 

Staff-Account.png

• 4 weeks later...

I've read books about anorexia. I've even been over eating lately to avoid it. But it is not working. I can see all of my ribs and it is starting to scare me. I don't want to be anorexic.