Being blackmailed on Instagram and Snapchat

Ryannnnn    

The blackmailer pretended to be a woman and tricked me into sending nudes and other inappropriate pictures. One of them have my face on it. They threatened to send them to my Instagram followers which they screenshoted if I don’t pay them. I already paid them £300 stupidly and now they are asking for £300 more. I blocked them on Snapchat and Instagram and deleted my Snapchat where he threatened me in panick. I am so scared he will send them. What should I do?

• Digital Mentor
4 hours ago, Ryannnnn said:

The blackmailer pretended to be a woman and tricked me into sending nudes and other inappropriate pictures. One of them have my face on it. They threatened to send them to my Instagram followers which they screenshoted if I don’t pay them. I already paid them £300 stupidly and now they are asking for £300 more. I blocked them on Snapchat and Instagram and deleted my Snapchat where he threatened me in panick. I am so scared he will send them. What should I do?

Heyy @Ryannnnn, I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label. 

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. I'm sorry to hear you have been blackmailed for your nudes. I can imagine that this is really stressful for you, and I just want you to know that we are here to help you in whatever way we can.  If there is any evidence of them talking on any of the following platforms, especially where they have threatened you, then please send a screenshot of this with both of your usernames to support@ditchthelabel.org and we can report this for you. We are trusted flaggers at Ditch the Label, and any report we make is prioritised by the platform and looked at first, so let's start there. It's good that you have blocked them from those apps. And hey, you had no idea that they would break your trust like this. I can imagine this is all pretty stressful for you; how are you feeling about it?

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Luie said:

Heyy @Ryannnnn, I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label. 

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. I'm sorry to hear you have been blackmailed for your nudes. I can imagine that this is really stressful for you, and I just want you to know that we are here to help you in whatever way we can.  If there is any evidence of them talking on any of the following platforms, especially where they have threatened you, then please send a screenshot of this with both of your usernames to support@ditchthelabel.org and we can report this for you. We are trusted flaggers at Ditch the Label, and any report we make is prioritised by the platform and looked at first, so let's start there. It's good that you have blocked them from those apps. And hey, you had no idea that they would break your trust like this. I can imagine this is all pretty stressful for you; how are you feeling about it?

Unfortunately in my panick, I deleted my Snapchat account after blocking them and I didn’t save any screenshot of them threatening me on there.