WHY DO EMOTIONS EXIST!?

Hawthorne11 Β  Β 

So I'm having really bad nightmares like every night and panic attacks a lot, and I want to tell my parents so I can get help, but I'm kind of scared to. I recently (Like, yesterday) came out to my mom, so I'm having some huge anxiety about that, and I'm not sure if this is the best time to say something. They don't even know anything about what happened to start these, plus I just get really anxious whenever I talk to them about like how I feel. I don't know how to do this but I know I need to. Can someone please help me?

• Hug 1

I AM ANGRY! I HATE EMOTIONS! They are so stupid and annoying. Some are fun. Like love. That's fun. But everything else is so annoying! It makes everything so complicated. It's very irritating and sometimes I wish I would never have emotions. I DON'T LIKE THEM!

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to the members here.Β 

It sounds like you're feeling pretty overwhelmed at the moment, and challenging feelings can definitely feel stupid and annoying, especially when they negatively impact your life. I just want to say that I'm glad you've opened up to us here and want to tell your parents. The best way to help your feelings is to speak about what's going on for you and ask for help, and you're already doing that which is really positive. It's okay that they don't know about what happened to start the panic attacks, and maybe you can tell them in time, but it would be good for them to know so they can decide what to do next to help you. remember, they love you and want the best for you, so keep that in mind.

I'm wondering, could you potentially write a letter to them where you explain what's going on for you, like the panic attacks and how long they've been going on for?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hey,

I might be able to write a letter. I will try that. Thank you.

3 hours ago, AceOfSpades said:

Hey,

Writing out our problems help what we feel! Hugs

23 hours ago, AceOfSpades said:

Hey,

That's okay. If you need any help writing it, just let us know. Also, just to check, would you like anymore support for this at all? If so, just say the word. Take care and speak soon.Β 

4 hours ago, Monsoon said:

That's okay. If you need any help writing it, just let us know. Also, just to check, would you like anymore support for this at all? If so, just say the word. Take care and speak soon.Β 

Okay, so I tried writing it, and last night I barely slept and today I was miserably anxious and twitchy. I deleted the letter at lunch and it made me feel better. I don't think I can do this.Β 

19 hours ago, AceOfSpades said:

Okay, so I tried writing it, and last night I barely slept and today I was miserably anxious and twitchy. I deleted the letter at lunch and it made me feel better. I don't think I can do this.Β 

Hey there,

That's interesting that you felt miserably anxious and twitchy; why do you think that is?Β 

I think I just got really nervous about the possiblity of actually telling them.

3 hours ago, AceOfSpades said:

I think I just got really nervous about the possiblity of actually telling them.

Hey there,

That's okay. You don't have to make a decision about telling them soon, it's completely up to you.Β 

• Thanks 1

Wow, so last night was interesting. I saw the person I'm having panic attacks about! TERROR! I was playing in the band at a basketball game and she came! (I'm just going to call her Lexi, not her real name though.) Lexi used to go to school with me, we were friends, she left for a different school this year, but still comes back sometimes for games and concerts. A kid behind me was like "Hey, there's Lexi!" and my brain went "Not that Lexi. (There are multiple people with the same name as her at our school) Which one?" because I couldn't see her over the drums, and then I sae her between the drums and I went "Oh my God. Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God. My friend saw Lexi and was like "She's gonna freak out." Friend came down and later said I was shaking and completely white. Calmed me down a bit and then insisted we go for a walk because I still wasn't doing too great. She asked the drum major and we left. As soon as I stepped into the band room I broke down. Music teacher asked if I wanted him to call anyone and I said no because parents don't know about this. I calmed down some more and then went completely GIDDY. It was SO WEIRD. One moment I was sobbing and the next I was bouncing off the walls. My friend was like, stop. You're not okay and quit masking because you know it doesn't work. I kept masking. It didn't work. When we were on break I went into a practice room and was again bouncing off the walls and then hitting the walls and "Being scary."Β Β Eventually calmed down and was able to play, but that was horrible. I HATE THIS SO MUCH! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?

Β 

Edited by AceOfSpades
Forgot word