HELP, being blackmailed to pay 25$ or someone will leak private pictures to my instagram (school, friends, family, etc.)

Ballz2daawall    

Title pretty much explains the situation, I’ve been stalling the person but they’re messaging me on Snapchat and have my instagram friends list. Want me to pay 25$ through iTunes Store or some other form of payment. Help me please I don’t know what to do, I’m 18 btw.

• Digital Mentor
5 hours ago, Ballz2daawall said:

Title pretty much explains the situation, I’ve been stalling the person but they’re messaging me on Snapchat and have my instagram friends list. Want me to pay 25$ through iTunes Store or some other form of payment. Help me please I don’t know what to do, I’m 18 btw.

Heyy @Ballz2daawall, I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label. 

I am truly sorry to hear that you have been blackmailed for your private photos. I can imagine that this is really stressful for you, and I just want you to know that we are here to help you in whatever way we can. None of this is your fault, and you had no idea that they would break your trust like this.

Firstly, please do not pay them. If there is any evidence of them talking on any of the social media platforms, especially where they have threatened you, then please send a screenshot of this with both of your usernames to support@ditchthelabel.org and we can report this for you. This will not get you in trouble with the police, and it may mean that their account gets removed. We are trusted flaggers at Ditch the Label, and any report we make is prioritised by the platform and looked at first.

I'd encourage you to also create a message request on confidential support in the top bar next to blogs. We can do a one to one conversation. Would this be something you're comfortable with?

Staff-Account.png