Hi everyone

Just_A_Lesbian Β  Β 

ok so at about August of this year I came out to my parents. Now the problem that I face it that I'm still closeted to the rest of my super Catholic family. I 'm too scared to tell them so I'm keeping my mouth shut. Any comments on what I should do?

• Hug 1

Hi and I'm sorry but how did you find my profile so quickly lol.Β 

Also I'm sorry you're afraid of coming out. I myself came out as non binary in September of last year and it was scary so I can only imagine how you must feel.

Are you safe if you do come out? Are you going to be disowned at all for being lesbian?Β  These are important questions you must consider. I hate to break it to hou but if its unsafe you may wanna wait until you're 18.

3 hours ago, sevan said:

the solution is really simple. if you dont feel safe at the thought of coming out to your family then dont; trust your intuition

Coulďnt have put it better myself

3 hours ago, Just_A_Lesbian said:

ok thanks i was just wondered if i could do something but ok. still thanks

Sadly I'm not sure if there is anything you can doΒ 

• Digital Mentor
On 1/1/2023 at 6:37 AM, Just_A_Lesbian said:

ok so at about August of this year I came out to my parents. Now the problem that I face it that I'm still closeted to the rest of my super Catholic family. I 'm too scared to tell them so I'm keeping my mouth shut. Any comments on what I should do?

Hi there, I noticed that you are new here so I just wanted to welcome to the community πŸ™‚. It's great to have you here! I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here. I give support and advice to those who reach out to us.Β 

I can see that @Cal_The_OysterΒ and @sevanhave already given you some great advice about making sure you're safe when you come out. You mentioned that you came out to your parents in August. Congratulations!! I would imagine that that was probably a big step for you. Is that right? Do you mind me asking, how it went and if they are being supportive?

I also wanted to reassure you that it's really normal to feel scared to come out to our family. Especially if we don't know how they will react. Can I ask, would you like the rest of your family to know and do you feel ready to come out to them? This is your journey and it's really important that you tell people if and when you feel ready to.Β  Please know that we are here for you and we can support you if you decide that you would like to tell them,Β Β 

Staff-Account.png

I came out to my mom one night when we were having our talk and yeah it went really well. And they were very supportive too. I would really like for the rest of my family to know but I already know for sure they wont accept me. and thanks to everyone who has been replying and commenting advice. It helps a lot. Thank you everyone.

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
20 hours ago, Just_A_Lesbian said:

I came out to my mom one night when we were having our talk and yeah it went really well. And they were very supportive too. I would really like for the rest of my family to know but I already know for sure they wont accept me. and thanks to everyone who has been replying and commenting advice. It helps a lot. Thank you everyone.

You're very welcomeΒ πŸ™‚

I'm really glad to hear it went really well when you came out to your mom and that your parents were very supportive!! I'm wondering, have you spoken to them about wanting to come out to the rest of your family? They might be able to support you with that. What do you think?Β 

Staff-Account.png

I know a friend who went through the same experience, and I can tell you this;

You don’t HAVE to come out. You already have to parents, and that great! Even I’m not brave enough to do that, and that’s a really big step. But you don’t have to tell your entire family if you don’t feel comfortable. Just try maybe waiting for a while, and practicing what you want to tell them. I suggest trying to prepare yourself instead of rushing into things. πŸ™‚

• Like 1