This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate

My insecurities

Cat!!!    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate

Click this notice to reveal the content.

So I have a school dance coming up in a few weeks and I'm going with someone I really like but I feel super self-conscious about my figure and really hate how I look I don't really know what to do cause I've already tried a few things but It never seems to help much

• Hug 1

• Digital Mentor

On 12/22/2022 at 2:57 PM, Cat!!! said:

So I have a school dance coming up in a few weeks and I'm going with someone I really like but I feel super self-conscious about my figure and really hate how I look I don't really know what to do cause I've already tried a few things but It never seems to help much

Hi @Cat!!!, thank you for getting in touch. I can understand how you feel. I think a lot of us feel super self conscious, especially around people we like. Do you mind me asking, when did you start feeling self conscious about your figure and is there anything in particular you can think of that triggered this? 

Staff-Account.png

2 hours ago, Aurora said:

Hi @Cat!!!, thank you for getting in touch. I can understand how you feel. I think a lot of us feel super self conscious, especially around people we like. Do you mind me asking, when did you start feeling self conscious about your figure and is there anything in particular you can think of that triggered this? 

I think that I started feeling this way around the end of last December to beginning of  January.I started feeling this because me and my mom weren't getting along and whenever I made her mad and we started to argue she'd call me different name's not only that but during covid I started to gained a bit of weight so I just haven't had the greatest view of myself or my body

• Digital Mentor

On 12/26/2022 at 2:14 PM, Cat!!! said:

I think that I started feeling this way around the end of last December to beginning of  January.I started feeling this because me and my mom weren't getting along and whenever I made her mad and we started to argue she'd call me different name's not only that but during covid I started to gained a bit of weight so I just haven't had the greatest view of myself or my body

Hi there, I'm sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you. I was away for a few days. Thank you very much for explaining where you think your views of yourself have come from. I'm sorry t hear that your Mum called you different names. It's only natural, that this has had an affect on how you feel about yourself. I wonder, does your Mum know, how these comments have been making you feel? Sometimes, when we are angry, we say things that we don't mean and we don't think about how this will make the other person feel. Do you mind me asking, is this still happening and have you spoken to you Mum about it? 

Staff-Account.png

3 hours ago, Aurora said:

Hi there, I'm sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you. I was away for a few days. Thank you very much for explaining where you think your views of yourself have come from. I'm sorry t hear that your Mum called you different names. It's only natural, that this has had an affect on how you feel about yourself. I wonder, does your Mum know, how these comments have been making you feel? Sometimes, when we are angry, we say things that we don't mean and we don't think about how this will make the other person feel. Do you mind me asking, is this still happening and have you spoken to you Mum about it? 

No it's not still happening ,were pretty fine now I never really told her how I feel cause sometimes it's hard to talk to her about it so I just keep it to myself might not be the best thing to do but now I'm talking to you guys so it's fine😋😅

• Digital Mentor

18 hours ago, Cat!!! said:

No it's not still happening ,were pretty fine now I never really told her how I feel cause sometimes it's hard to talk to her about it so I just keep it to myself might not be the best thing to do but now I'm talking to you guys so it's fine😋😅

It's great that you feel you can talk to us 😀. And it's good to hear that it's not happening anymore. It sound like your moms comments affected the way you see yourself and in can take a while for that to change again. I find that society and social media can also influence the way we feel about ourselves. There is a lot of pressure to look a certain way and we are often shown unrealistic body shapes and photoshopped images that make us feel less satisfied with our own body. What do you think?

Also, we often focus on the things we don't like about ourselves and forget about the things we do like and our own beauty. I would love to hear more about the things you like about yourself. If you feel comfortable to, maybe you could share a few things you like about yourself 

Staff-Account.png

On 1/4/2023 at 5:27 AM, Aurora said:

It's great that you feel you can talk to us 😀. And it's good to hear that it's not happening anymore. It sound like your moms comments affected the way you see yourself and in can take a while for that to change again. I find that society and social media can also influence the way we feel about ourselves. There is a lot of pressure to look a certain way and we are often shown unrealistic body shapes and photoshopped images that make us feel less satisfied with our own body. What do you think?

Also, we often focus on the things we don't like about ourselves and forget about the things we do like and our own beauty. I would love to hear more about the things you like about yourself. If you feel comfortable to, maybe you could share a few things you like about yourself 

I like my flexibility and how fast I can run and my hair when it likes to listen to me 

• Digital Mentor

On 1/7/2023 at 1:48 AM, Cat!!! said:

I like my flexibility and how fast I can run and my hair when it likes to listen to me 

Wow, so you're flexible and a fast runner. What a great combination 😀. And I like what you said about your hair listening to you 🙂

Can you think of anything about your body that you like? 

Staff-Account.png