Jump to content
This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Blood/Graphic Description

Anyone there?....


Huxley
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi people!!!     Ok question is there anyone out there with T1D? (Type one diabetes) just looking due to the fact that I just got it and its all very overwhelming. 

  • Hug 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi! I don't have T1D but i do know what its like to like with two people that have it and my parents said i may end up getting it casue everyone on my dads side of the family has it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/14/2022 at 3:03 PM, Huxley said:

Hi people!!!     Ok question is there anyone out there with T1D? (Type one diabetes) just looking due to the fact that I just got it and its all very overwhelming. 

My Nan has T1D she finds is challenging, always here for you ❤️

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Fellow T1D here. I know this is an old topic but I just joined and was looking for T1Ds. Todays my 14th Diaversary on top of all this, lol. I know it can be overwhelming at times just know that you’re not alone. I’m here if you ever need to talk. <3

  • Yaaas 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Blood/Graphic Description

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Hi I have been trying and looking for someone in here that has T1D! Now I feel accomplished thank you. 🙏🏻 I have to warn you I might be a bit crazy right now my blood sugar is a bit high but I have a few questions regarding the topic…

1 - what do you like to eat, my mother is looking for something’s that are good to eat and still good for my blood sugar.

2 - EXERCISE what do you do when you exercise because I just started track and it’s a mess 😑

and I guess that’s it but I look forward to getting to know you but not in a creepy way 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Blood/Graphic Description

Click this notice to reveal the content.
On 3/3/2023 at 3:43 PM, Huxley said:

Hi I have been trying and looking for someone in here that has T1D! Now I feel accomplished thank you. 🙏🏻 I have to warn you I might be a bit crazy right now my blood sugar is a bit high but I have a few questions regarding the topic…

1 - what do you like to eat, my mother is looking for something’s that are good to eat and still good for my blood sugar.

2 - EXERCISE what do you do when you exercise because I just started track and it’s a mess 😑

and I guess that’s it but I look forward to getting to know you but not in a creepy way 

Just seeing this now. I'm so sorry for not seeing this earlier.

1) I literally eat whatever I want. I eat apples, granola bars (those spike BG easily, good for a sold food for lows), pasta, salad, cereal, chips, candy, whatever I like. I also suck at following what my dietitian suggests me to eat. I personally eat pickles and cheese when I'm high cause I like the food and there's no carb in them, but there's a lot of other options. And my go to low snack is gummies, juice, or glucose tabs. And make sure you drink water, especially if your BG is running high. It flushes out keytones and you don't get dehydrated. 

2) Exercise is different for everyone. I used to go low when I exercised but now I go high, Be careful with adrenaline because those can be fake highs and if you give yourself too much insulin you might go low (my sister does cheer, she went to like 1.0 mmol/L because of a fake high). It's good to eat something with carb beforehand so you don't go low depending on your BG. When you're exercising I find it better to be high then low. Trampolines also cause low BG fast for me and my sister (like if we were at let's say 7.0/8.0 mmol/L beforehand, we'd be LOW within 20 mins). 

Again, with all of this everything affects everyone differently. Just be on the lookout for patterns and things might change overtime so you can come up with a basic plan in your head of "in ____ range of BG's eat/drink/give insulin." It'll become a habit and something you do without thinking.

And a few reminders: be aware of how you feel 24/7. Not even cgms catch lows or highs always. If you wake up in the middle of the night for a random reason, check your BG you could be going low and your body woke you up (It's happened to me before). And make sure your supplies are always refilled. You don't want to be missing juice when you go low at night or at school. Overall: Stay safe

(Also for some reason your comment was marked as graphic... don't understand why, but it was)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Blood/Graphic Description

Click this notice to reveal the content.
53 minutes ago, welches_242 said:

Just seeing this now. I'm so sorry for not seeing this earlier.

1) I literally eat whatever I want. I eat apples, granola bars (those spike BG easily, good for a sold food for lows), pasta, salad, cereal, chips, candy, whatever I like. I also suck at following what my dietitian suggests me to eat. I personally eat pickles and cheese when I'm high cause I like the food and there's no carb in them, but there's a lot of other options. And my go to low snack is gummies, juice, or glucose tabs. And make sure you drink water, especially if your BG is running high. It flushes out keytones and you don't get dehydrated. 

2) Exercise is different for everyone. I used to go low when I exercised but now I go high, Be careful with adrenaline because those can be fake highs and if you give yourself too much insulin you might go low (my sister does cheer, she went to like 1.0 mmol/L because of a fake high). It's good to eat something with carb beforehand so you don't go low depending on your BG. When you're exercising I find it better to be high then low. Trampolines also cause low BG fast for me and my sister (like if we were at let's say 7.0/8.0 mmol/L beforehand, we'd be LOW within 20 mins). 

Again, with all of this everything affects everyone differently. Just be on the lookout for patterns and things might change overtime so you can come up with a basic plan in your head of "in ____ range of BG's eat/drink/give insulin." It'll become a habit and something you do without thinking.

And a few reminders: be aware of how you feel 24/7. Not even cgms catch lows or highs always. If you wake up in the middle of the night for a random reason, check your BG you could be going low and your body woke you up (It's happened to me before). And make sure your supplies are always refilled. You don't want to be missing juice when you go low at night or at school. Overall: Stay safe

(Also for some reason your comment was marked as graphic... don't understand why, but it was)

I just want to say thank you there’s not really a lot of people in my life right now that can relate to and ask questions. I also don’t know why it says that 😅. I have noticed that I go high then I crash because i drink a bunch of water (because of high) 

I was told from the hospital that I could eat whatever I wanted but that does not work with my bg and my mom kinda goes overboard when I go places or if I’m hungry, she doesn’t let me have anything 🥲 but sometimes she will let me. I do have to ask do you have a pump? I personally don’t have one and I really don’t know if I want one for many reasons but I kinda want more information about it before I choose to get one. Anyway I’m sorry for drowning you in questions, sry but have a nice Sunday! And have a great week ahead 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Blood/Graphic Description

Click this notice to reveal the content.
On 3/26/2023 at 5:29 PM, Huxley said:

I just want to say thank you there’s not really a lot of people in my life right now that can relate to and ask questions. I also don’t know why it says that 😅. I have noticed that I go high then I crash because i drink a bunch of water (because of high) 

I was told from the hospital that I could eat whatever I wanted but that does not work with my bg and my mom kinda goes overboard when I go places or if I’m hungry, she doesn’t let me have anything 🥲 but sometimes she will let me. I do have to ask do you have a pump? I personally don’t have one and I really don’t know if I want one for many reasons but I kinda want more information about it before I choose to get one. Anyway I’m sorry for drowning you in questions, sry but have a nice Sunday! And have a great week ahead 

Don't worry about it! I'm happy to help! A lot of my recently diagnosed diabuddies have gone through that too. It gets better the more you understand your BG. And yes I do have a pump, I have an omnipod to be specific. However, they are very expensive and leak easily. They're really good if you want a wireless one tho, The tandem pump seems to be a pump that works better for most people from what I'm seeing. That pump has a wire. I don't know much about each type of pump and certain pumps work better for different people. I'm considering changing the type of pump I use rn, just because it hasn't been working with me lately and I have to do my own research rn (but school doesn't help me with my poor time management skills). Then try to persuade my parents and talk to my endo if I do end up wanting to change it. If you have any more questions, just let me know :) (Hope that made sense. I may or may not have stolen some candy, forgotten to take insulin, and now I'm at 19.2 mmol/L. Hehe)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Blood/Graphic Description

Click this notice to reveal the content.
18 hours ago, welches_242 said:

Don't worry about it! I'm happy to help! A lot of my recently diagnosed diabuddies have gone through that too. It gets better the more you understand your BG. And yes I do have a pump, I have an omnipod to be specific. However, they are very expensive and leak easily. They're really good if you want a wireless one tho, The tandem pump seems to be a pump that works better for most people from what I'm seeing. That pump has a wire. I don't know much about each type of pump and certain pumps work better for different people. I'm considering changing the type of pump I use rn, just because it hasn't been working with me lately and I have to do my own research rn (but school doesn't help me with my poor time management skills). Then try to persuade my parents and talk to my endo if I do end up wanting to change it. If you have any more questions, just let me know :) (Hope that made sense. I may or may not have stolen some candy, forgotten to take insulin, and now I'm at 19.2 mmol/L. Hehe)

Yeah the thing is i try and get my sweets but mostly my sibs rat me out, but I try here and there but then it always backfires stupid dexcom. I still don't know how i feel about a pump it kinda scares me to think of something like that on my body... But i mean i kinda like just giving insulin but my mom is saying sooner or later i will not be able to just use my arms and legs :l Right now i feel kinda weird about a lot of things and i want this to be something i don't have to worry about but then again t1d is just not something you can ignore. Weell your friend - Huxley :P  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Blood/Graphic Description

Click this notice to reveal the content.
3 hours ago, Huxley said:

Yeah the thing is i try and get my sweets but mostly my sibs rat me out, but I try here and there but then it always backfires stupid dexcom. I still don't know how i feel about a pump it kinda scares me to think of something like that on my body... But i mean i kinda like just giving insulin but my mom is saying sooner or later i will not be able to just use my arms and legs :l Right now i feel kinda weird about a lot of things and i want this to be something i don't have to worry about but then again t1d is just not something you can ignore. Weell your friend - Huxley :P  

Tbh, all medical devices are scary at first. I was terrified of cgms at one point, then I tried it and loved it. And I also think you have to wait at least a year to even get a pump and a lot of people do just fine without one. Again, it's all up to you. You're the one who has to take care of yourself so do what you think is right for you :)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...