Bisexual?

saeed    

• Digital Mentor

Hi @saeed, welcome to the community. It's great to have you here 😃. I am one of the support mentors at Ditch the Label and I give support and advice to those who reach out to us. I'm really glad you found us. This is a really welcoming space and there are lots of others here who have questions around their sexuality. 

I can see that @sevan has already given you some advice and sent you a link to a Wiki page. Thank you @sevan. I'm sure you are aware but I just wanted to let you know that we're not responsible for what it says on that page and I know it can be a bit overwhelming to have so much factual information in one go. Please know that we are here for you and we can support you with whatever is on your mind. 

Would you like to tell me a bit more about what's been going on for you? And do you mind me asking, how does being bi fit in with being a practicing Muslim for you? 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

@Auroraso basically it felt like i never took the time to think about who i did

and so i was talking to my friend and she asks 

do you think you might be bi?

and i go "no"

but later that night i kind of just thought about it and i felt like yeah i think i am.

not many people know

• Digital Mentor
12 hours ago, saeed said:

@Auroraso basically it felt like i never took the time to think about who i did

and so i was talking to my friend and she asks 

do you think you might be bi?

and i go "no"

but later that night i kind of just thought about it and i felt like yeah i think i am.

not many people know

Hi there, thank you for explaining a bit more. Do you mind me asking, how long ago this was? I would like to reassure you that it's perfectly normal to explore our sexuality. Sometimes it can take time until we fully understand our sexual identity but it sounds to me like you are pretty confident in knowing that you are bi. Is that right? Can I ask, how you feel, now that you know? 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

On 12/15/2022 at 7:50 AM, Aurora said:

Hi there, thank you for explaining a bit more. Do you mind me asking, how long ago this was? I would like to reassure you that it's perfectly normal to explore our sexuality. Sometimes it can take time until we fully understand our sexual identity but it sounds to me like you are pretty confident in knowing that you are bi. Is that right? Can I ask, how you feel, now that you know? 

It was roughly 1.5 weeks ago. I have done some research and I personally believe that if Allah (God) made me this way then there must be no mistake.

Some hardline muslims believe people like us will go to hell. That can't be true because if you read the Qur'an it say's that Allah (God) is merciful, forgiving, and ultimately compassionate.

• Digital Mentor
On 12/18/2022 at 4:06 AM, saeed said:

It was roughly 1.5 weeks ago. I have done some research and I personally believe that if Allah (God) made me this way then there must be no mistake.

Some hardline muslims believe people like us will go to hell. That can't be true because if you read the Qur'an it say's that Allah (God) is merciful, forgiving, and ultimately compassionate.

Hi there, thank you for clarifying. I personally am not a muslim but I agree with everything you say. It sounds like you feel comfortable with your faith and your sexuality, which is really great to hear. I find that there are more and more people now, who are becoming more open minded when it comes to religion and our sexuality. 

I'm wondering if you have thought about whether you might want to tell your friends and family and how they might react. Please don't feel you have to - there is not pressure at all. This is your journey and it's really important that you only come out to others when you feel ready too. 

Staff-Account.png

14 hours ago, Aurora said:

Hi there, thank you for clarifying. I personally am not a muslim but I agree with everything you say. It sounds like you feel comfortable with your faith and your sexuality, which is really great to hear. I find that there are more and more people now, who are becoming more open minded when it comes to religion and our sexuality. 

I'm wondering if you have thought about whether you might want to tell your friends and family and how they might react. Please don't feel you have to - there is not pressure at all. This is your journey and it's really important that you only come out to others when you feel ready too. 

I have told one of my friends, she is bi too. I am writing an email to my mother right now, she will be fine with it. My father might not be though. Thanks for your insights and help on this. It has been monumental.

• Digital Mentor
On 12/20/2022 at 3:44 AM, saeed said:

I have told one of my friends, she is bi too. I am writing an email to my mother right now, she will be fine with it. My father might not be though. Thanks for your insights and help on this. It has been monumental.

Not at all. We're happy to help! I'm really glad to hear that you're telling your mother and that she will be fine with it. If you like, you can let us know how it went. Don't feel you have to though - it's totally up to you.

Maybe your mother can support you if/when you decide to come out to your father.  Also I have found that the love a parent has for their child can often change their views. It might not happen straight away but with time parents will often start to understand and accept their child for who they are. What do you think? 

Staff-Account.png