how do i tell my crush that i like her?

lliam. Β  Β 

so i kinda have a crush on my bsf. i'll just call her rachel. so we've been friends for about 5 months now. she usually says "bye ly" if i have to go or she has to go. i guess i took it by heart?? we're always playing tg 24/7. sometimes she has the option to go out somewhere, but instead she says to hangout with me. i have a dreading feeling that she doesn't like me the way i do to her, and that sort of bothers me. i've liked her for a while now, and im trying to get over the fact that i like her, but it's tough. so, how do i tell her that i like her?

Hello! If you two are close then text her saying "do you have a crush on someone?" if she asks why just say "idk... just wondering" then if she says yes ask who. Who know she might like you back! if no then... I'm sorry. I hope everything turns out ok!

First I want to say good luck. It's not going to be easy no matter what you choose to do. I don't have a lot of experience with this, but one thing I can tell you is don't do it over text. It takes away some of the risk, but it is better to do it in person. A lot is communicated thru body language and tone of voice. If you text, you loose that. Plus, for all she knows that's not really you texting (maybe your sibling/friend took your phone and is messing with you). Finally, even if she doesn't have the same feelings for you, you should still tell her because A: she might fall for you after you've told her B: she might just need to hear it. I know a lot of girls who feel like they aren't good enough for guys and they have insecurities. It will at least make her feel good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2022 at 8:19 PM, lliam. said:

so i kinda have a crush on my bsf. i'll just call her rachel. so we've been friends for about 5 months now. she usually says "bye ly" if i have to go or she has to go. i guess i took it by heart?? we're always playing tg 24/7. sometimes she has the option to go out somewhere, but instead she says to hangout with me. i have a dreading feeling that she doesn't like me the way i do to her, and that sort of bothers me. i've liked her for a while now, and im trying to get over the fact that i like her, but it's tough. so, how do i tell her that i like her?

Hi there,Β 

I’ve seen some great advice posted above and wanted to ask, how did it go? Did you tell her? If not that’s ok :)

On 12/7/2022 at 3:19 PM, lliam. said:

as a person who throws around "ly" or "ily" a lot, id see if she says that to anyone else to see if shes that kind of person. i would tell her when yall are alone as to not make her uncomfortable. please please please dont text, its always super awkward once yall see each other in person next. make everything crystal clear to her about how you feel, and if she likes you back, whether yall are exclusive or not, because ive seen lots of people get into drama because nothing was laid out. good luck and hope this helps!

• Digital Mentor
On 12/7/2022 at 8:19 PM, lliam. said:

Heyy @lliam.,Β  I think there has been such helpful suggestions through everyone's experiences by @Overthinker22Β @SpyΒ @emnma, how are you feeling about it all and do you feel confident enough to approach this situation?

Staff-Account.png