This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate

i wanna come out so badly but my family suuucks 😩😩

tragic_and_static    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate

Click this notice to reveal the content.

i really want to come out to my family (bi for now and then trans when i’m actually starting to transition) but they’re homophobic. luckily they’re not like kick me out or abuse me homophobic but still. my mom is the least bad, she says some homophobic things but i feel like sometimes it’s out of ignorance. at the end of the day she doesn’t really care that much. my dad and brother on the other hand…. yikes. my dad has said that being gay is a mental illness, that lgbtq+ people are groomers, joked about how these 2 gay guys in this movie deserved getting beat up, etc. i have heard my brother scoff at every commercial at the movie theater that featured a gay couple, he also indulged in joking about the 2 gay guys getting beat up, etc. it’s just so frustrating. i’m thinking the next time i’m alone with my mom and have enough time to talk it through with her i’m gonna come out because i just need SOMEONE in my corner. i have no friends because i’m homeschooled and i have a very small family (about 10 people including me and my family) and they’re all somewhat homophobic except for my 2 cousins but i only see them twice a year now.

anyways, i’m not sure what this post is exactly. i think i started out wanting support or tips but then it just kind of turned into a vent thing. idk, but here it is anyways!

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate

Click this notice to reveal the content.
24 minutes ago, tragic_and_static said:

i really want to come out to my family (bi for now and then trans when i’m actually starting to transition) but they’re homophobic. luckily they’re not like kick me out or abuse me homophobic but still. my mom is the least bad, she says some homophobic things but i feel like sometimes it’s out of ignorance. at the end of the day she doesn’t really care that much. my dad and brother on the other hand…. yikes. my dad has said that being gay is a mental illness, that lgbtq+ people are groomers, joked about how these 2 gay guys in this movie deserved getting beat up, etc. i have heard my brother scoff at every commercial at the movie theater that featured a gay couple, he also indulged in joking about the 2 gay guys getting beat up, etc. it’s just so frustrating. i’m thinking the next time i’m alone with my mom and have enough time to talk it through with her i’m gonna come out because i just need SOMEONE in my corner. i have no friends because i’m homeschooled and i have a very small family (about 10 people including me and my family) and they’re all somewhat homophobic except for my 2 cousins but i only see them twice a year now.

anyways, i’m not sure what this post is exactly. i think i started out wanting support or tips but then it just kind of turned into a vent thing. idk, but here it is anyways!

Hey, this sounds really tough. I'm glad to hear that they won't kick you out or abuse you, though. I think it is a good idea to talk to your mom first, and I think that a lot of parents can change their minds about things when it comes to their love for their children, if that makes sense? It might be good to wait to tell your dad or your brother until you tell your mom, and having her know first might make it easier to tell the rest of your family, as she'd be able to offer opinions on how to tell them or help you explain, what do you think about that?

• Like 1