Coming out as Trans

Sky1anders Β  Β 

Luie
This post was recognized by Luie!

_Kai_ was awarded the badge 'Act of Kindness' and 10 points.

10 hours ago, Sky1anders said:

I want to come out as Transgender to my family but I am unsure of how they will react and how to do it.Β 

Hmmmmmm, well for starters, do you know if they're accepting of the community or homophobic?

Knowing that makes it a bit easier when coming out

• Digital Mentor
On 11/25/2022 at 7:25 AM, Sky1anders said:

I want to come out as Transgender to my family but I am unsure of how they will react and how to do it.Β 

Heyy @Sky1anders, I am Luie one of the Support Mentors with Ditch the Label. Welcome to our community, we're glad to have you with usΒ πŸ˜„

It's such wonderful news about your identity, Thank you for sharing this with us. Wanting to share with family is a major step and @_Kai_, does have a good point, would it be safe for you to come out? If not, then we'll discuss on what the next steps possible could be.Β 

Staff-Account.png

Luie
This post was recognized by Luie!

peanutbutterstruggles was awarded the badge 'Act of Kindness' and 10 points.

hi, i'm trans too! first of all, is your family safe to come out to? if you feel like they might put you in danger of any kind, you don't have to come out. always do it on your own terms, when you feel safe and feel like it's the right moment. if you wanna do it but don't feel safe, make sure you have somewhere to go where you'll be safe.

if you think they wouldn't put you in danger, try to arrange it in a way that you'll feel comfortable in, for example, would you prefer doing it to a big gathering or just some people privately? then you could explain how you feel and how you'd prefer to be addressed.

coming out is an inherently stressful experience, so it's okay if you feel nervous! just know that you're not alone <3