This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate

Just a small rant about sexuality etc

CXthry_n    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate

Click this notice to reveal the content.

So... I have been thinking about this for a about a year now and have decided to take away all labels that define my sexuality and just go by Unlabelled or Pomo-sexual (because Pomosexuality describes someone whose sexual orientation is not homosexual, hetrosexual, or bisexual).

I'm actually so happy that I have finally found something that makes me feel comfortable and almost safe in a way i guess. I am not planning on coming out to my parents or any of my family to tbh...

Whenever my family make homophobic jokes or take digs so-to-say at homosexual people it makes me feel so uncomfortable and sad. My Dad called homosexuality a "Brain dysfunction" which almost made me cry and it made me so angry and pained.

My parents always tell me that I can talk to them about anything because they love me and will support me and I guess I'm just scared that this will change if they ever found out that I'd willingly date a girl or non-binary individual.

Edited by CXthry_n

• Digital Mentor
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Hate

Click this notice to reveal the content.
13 hours ago, CXthry_n said:

So... I have been thinking about this for a about a year now and have decided to take away all labels that define my sexuality and just go by Unlabelled or Pomo-sexual (because Pomosexuality describes someone whose sexual orientation is not homosexual, hetrosexual, or bisexual).

I'm actually so happy that I have finally found something that makes me feel comfortable and almost safe in a way i guess. I am not planning on coming out to my parents or any of my family to tbh...

Whenever my family make homophobic jokes or take digs so-to-say at homosexual people it makes me feel so uncomfortable and sad. My Dad called homosexuality a "Brain dysfunction" which almost made me cry and it made me so angry and pained.

My parents always tell me that I can talk to them about anything because they love me and will support me and I guess I'm just scared that this will change if they ever found out that I'd willingly date a girl or non-binary individual.

Hello again, I just replied to your other post in the Chat forum. First of all, congratulations on finding something that describes your sexuality that you feel comfortable with! That's brilliant 😀. I'm really happy for you. Figuring out our sexuality can sometimes feel quite stressful and there are lots of others who prefer to not go by any labels at all. Please know that this is your journey and only you will know what feels right for you! 

I'm sorry to hear though that you don't feel you can talk to your family about this. There are lots of others here at Ditch the Label, who feel the same. You mentioned that you are not planning on coming out to your family. That's absolutely fine. Please don't feel any pressure to come out, if you don't feel ready to. However, I just wanted to let you know that love can play a big part. You parents already mentioned that you can talk to them about anything because they love you and support you. Often the strong love parents have for their children can really transform their views. It might not happen straight away but it might happen over time. What do you think? And if at some you do decide you would like to come out to them, please know that we are here for you and we can support you along the way. 

Staff-Account.png