Jump to content

Confessing to best friend perhaps?


_Kai_
 Share

Recommended Posts

So uhm, how would one confess their feelings towards their best friend?

I've had a crush on her for about 2-3 years, idk if shes ever shown signs of liking me back (I'm pretty blind towards feelings & flirts NgL💀). Shes pan & mostly likes people based off their personality, I feel like myself around her & super close with her family as well, though we've called each other siblings in the past (rarely tho). If I go over to her house this weekend ima confess then (Its a sleepover so I'm hoping it goes well & isn't awkward-). Oh I'm thinking of putting it in a note as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would say that if it feels like the right time, go for it. That's pretty cliche advice, but I've confessed to my best friend before and it went well. Obviously since you've been friends for a long time, it's going to go one of two ways: either she likes you back or she doesn't, and if she doesn't you probably won't loose her as a friend.

I would say just don't make it a big deal. If she wants to talk about it, that's possibly a good sign, so I would, but when you confess, don't make it a super big thing. The bigger you make it, the more awkward it's gonna be if she says no. Just bring it up in casual conversation, or ask her to read the note while you get a snack or something like that. That's the best way to keep it low-key while also making it clear that you have feelings for her.

That's some of the best advice I have. I've confessed to my best friend and they were also a girl, so I hope that my experience can help you on this. Good luck and hope for the best!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/21/2022 at 6:38 AM, MySchoolLesbianZ said:

I would say that if it feels like the right time, go for it. That's pretty cliche advice, but I've confessed to my best friend before and it went well. Obviously since you've been friends for a long time, it's going to go one of two ways: either she likes you back or she doesn't, and if she doesn't you probably won't loose her as a friend.

I would say just don't make it a big deal. If she wants to talk about it, that's possibly a good sign, so I would, but when you confess, don't make it a super big thing. The bigger you make it, the more awkward it's gonna be if she says no. Just bring it up in casual conversation, or ask her to read the note while you get a snack or something like that. That's the best way to keep it low-key while also making it clear that you have feelings for her.

That's some of the best advice I have. I've confessed to my best friend and they were also a girl, so I hope that my experience can help you on this. Good luck and hope for the best!

I will!👍🏽 (Going to her house tmr & I'm f^cking nervous TvT)

Anyways heres what the note says (The one I'm giving to her): 

Dear (Her name)

I have thought you were very gorgous for a really long time and I wanna pursue 

something happy and longterm together.❤️

I love seeing your smile and listening to your soothing voice, your eyes sparkle & twinkle 

as I fear I may drown in them. (Sorry- I know I may have gotten a tad bit carried away just now-)

I didn't wanna make it awkward between us, I just felt I needed to tell you that before it was too late

Sincerely, Kai

 

(This part isn't in the note, is the note good or should I just write a different one?)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, _Kai_ said:

I will!👍🏽 (Going to her house tmr & I'm f^cking nervous TvT)

Anyways heres what the note says (The one I'm giving to her): 

Dear (Her name)

I have thought you were very gorgous for a really long time and I wanna pursue 

something happy and longterm together.❤️

I love seeing your smile and listening to your soothing voice, your eyes sparkle & twinkle 

as I fear I may drown in them. (Sorry- I know I may have gotten a tad bit carried away just now-)

I didn't wanna make it awkward between us, I just felt I needed to tell you that before it was too late

Sincerely, Kai

(This part isn't in the note, is the note good or should I just write a different one?)

Like I said before, it would probably be best if you sort of kept it low-key. This note makes it seem a bit more dramatic than I think is necessary, but if you feel like that would be more fitting for your friendship (or hopefully more) then I say go with it. 

Also you spelled gorgeous wrong by the way lol

I must say, the "soothing voice" and "sparkle and twinkle" would be sort of strange to read. I don't know 100%, that's just my call.

Also if you have anything you could implement that makes it personalized, like an inside joke or something, then you should try adding that.

If I was reading this, it would feel weird and off somehow, so if it was me, this is how I'd write that note without changing it too much:

Dear [her name],

I think that you're really beautiful and for a long time I've wanted to tell you that I think we would be happy together and I really like you.

I love seeing you smile, hearing your laugh, and watching how you light up the room.

I hope that this doesn't change our friendship and I'm okay if you say no, but I really care about you and thought now was the time to tell you.

Sincerely, Kai

(also not part of it: I really hope this helps. You can also add the inside joke or whatever if you have one in the 2nd paragraph after "how you light up the room." Good luck!!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MySchoolLesbianZ said:

Like I said before, it would probably be best if you sort of kept it low-key. This note makes it seem a bit more dramatic than I think is necessary, but if you feel like that would be more fitting for your friendship (or hopefully more) then I say go with it. 

Also you spelled gorgeous wrong by the way lol

I must say, the "soothing voice" and "sparkle and twinkle" would be sort of strange to read. I don't know 100%, that's just my call.

Also if you have anything you could implement that makes it personalized, like an inside joke or something, then you should try adding that.

If I was reading this, it would feel weird and off somehow, so if it was me, this is how I'd write that note without changing it too much:

Dear [her name],

I think that you're really beautiful and for a long time I've wanted to tell you that I think we would be happy together and I really like you.

I love seeing you smile, hearing your laugh, and watching how you light up the room.

I hope that this doesn't change our friendship and I'm okay if you say no, but I really care about you and thought now was the time to tell you.

Sincerely, Kai

(also not part of it: I really hope this helps. You can also add the inside joke or whatever if you have one in the 2nd paragraph after "how you light up the room." Good luck!!)

Dammit I did spell gorgeous wrong-

& ye I was thinking it went a bit weird TvT

(Ngl I've never asked anyone out, I've been the one thats asked💀)

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MySchoolLesbianZ said:

I just realized that I wrote a love note for a girl who I don't even know and have never met...

Damn I'm so gay 🤣

OOP XD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love how I can see that you're still here, and I'm just thinking about how you're more than likely copying down the note and this girl is gonna get something that I wrote. I dunno whether or not that's weird or helpful honestly. At least I was just revising it, so it's not all me.

(And I swear if you spelled beautiful wrong)

But tell me how it goes and good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MySchoolLesbianZ said:

I love how I can see that you're still here, and I'm just thinking about how you're more than likely copying down the note and this girl is gonna get something that I wrote. I dunno whether or not that's weird or helpful honestly. At least I was just revising it, so it's not all me.

(And I swear if you spelled beautiful wrong)

But tell me how it goes and good luck!

Me: Actually copying down it so I don't make a fool of myself💀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh wow lol

The way that you got me thinking about confessing to one of my closest friends too 💀

But she's straight though so I guess that's not gonna happen...

She gives off insane bi vibes though and literally has a female celebrity that she says would "turn her gay." Like why do I have to suffer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MySchoolLesbianZ said:

Oh wow lol

The way that you got me thinking about confessing to one of my closest friends too 💀

But she's straight though so I guess that's not gonna happen...

She gives off insane bi vibes though and literally has a female celebrity that she says would "turn her gay." Like why do I have to suffer.

I mean she may not be as straight as you may think than dude🤔

The girl I'm confessing to said she was straight for a long time then outta the blue (When I was still a female) she said "Well I mean I'd be gay for you"

Like why do people gotta make it confusing😰

Link to comment
Share on other sites

WAIT SHE SAID THAT

You're in luck bro, that's a good sign. It may have been a while ago but it's still a decent sign.

Like I always say (and know from personal experience) "Feelings come and stick around. Butterflies don't get let out."

So I don't actually say that but I hummed it in my head one time and randomly remembered it so there you go.

And yeah, people really do love making things more confusing and difficult.

But maybe I'm in luck too.

Also, "she may not be as straight as you think then, dude🤔," is a masterpiece. That's my motto now. I'm gonna go change it on my profile, you can check in a minute 🤣

Lol why am I like this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, MySchoolLesbianZ said:

WAIT SHE SAID THAT

You're in luck bro, that's a good sign. It may have been a while ago but it's still a decent sign.

Like I always say (and know from personal experience) "Feelings come and stick around. Butterflies don't get let out."

So I don't actually say that but I hummed it in my head one time and randomly remembered it so there you go.

And yeah, people really do love making things more confusing and difficult.

But maybe I'm in luck too.

Also, "she may not be as straight as you think then, dude🤔," is a masterpiece. That's my motto now. I'm gonna go change it on my profile, you can check in a minute 🤣

Lol why am I like this

Ye, its been awhile since she said that but idk it may be a good sign as you've said, & lets hope the gal thats "Straight" isn't actually👍🏽

StOrY tImE: I've layed on her before & she was fine with it. So we were on a dock & I was tired as hell (we had biked all day & had been taking photos) so we both layed down, she was scrolling through tiktok, I layed on her side & fell asleep for about an hour before we both returned to her house for dinner 

LMAO 😂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, _Kai_ said:

Ye, its been awhile since she said that but idk it may be a good sign as you've said, & lets hope the gal thats "Straight" isn't actually👍🏽

StOrY tImE: I've layed on her before & she was fine with it. So we were on a dock & I was tired as hell (we had biked all day & had been taking photos) so we both layed down, she was scrolling through tiktok, I layed on her side & fell asleep for about an hour before we both returned to her house for dinner 

LMAO 😂 

I have to tell you about this!!! Last night I was on the phone with my best friend, and my straight crush (let's just call her Mel lol) is really close with both of us. It's like, she's known my best friend for longer, but I'm closer, you know?

Well basically, we were on this call for a while, and I joke sometimes about how she has that female celebrity crush and how she's "not straight" because of random reasons... BUT THEN! (My best friend is now just gonna be called Bestie idk) Bestie was telling me about how Mel actually acts like "a crackhead" (her words) around her but acts smart around me and no one else. We were talking for a while and she AGREED that Mel is probably not straight. There are other reasons too. Mel is also someone who I thought was just a class clown sort of deal until you talked to her directly, but other people say she has a very crazy, weird, "dumb" energy and I was like "what?" and that's what started it last night.

I'm actually in luck! I don't know if she thinks it's a friend crush or whatever though.

But in addition to all of this: if she's bi, then she likes me 😳

Anyway, this all happened last night/this morning tbh, so I'm still in shock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2022 at 6:52 AM, MySchoolLesbianZ said:

I have to tell you about this!!! Last night I was on the phone with my best friend, and my straight crush (let's just call her Mel lol) is really close with both of us. It's like, she's known my best friend for longer, but I'm closer, you know?

Well basically, we were on this call for a while, and I joke sometimes about how she has that female celebrity crush and how she's "not straight" because of random reasons... BUT THEN! (My best friend is now just gonna be called Bestie idk) Bestie was telling me about how Mel actually acts like "a crackhead" (her words) around her but acts smart around me and no one else. We were talking for a while and she AGREED that Mel is probably not straight. There are other reasons too. Mel is also someone who I thought was just a class clown sort of deal until you talked to her directly, but other people say she has a very crazy, weird, "dumb" energy and I was like "what?" and that's what started it last night.

I'm actually in luck! I don't know if she thinks it's a friend crush or whatever though.

But in addition to all of this: if she's bi, then she likes me 😳

Anyway, this all happened last night/this morning tbh, so I'm still in shock.

OOOOOO, Dude u may be in luck then

I'm shipping y'all together (LMAO I don't even know y'all XD) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, MySchoolLesbianZ said:

Yeah I hope so.

Yeah and I saw something somewhere where you were talking about your confession..? Make sure to update me, idk what happened exactly but I'm interested

Yeah I hypothetically confessed ig? 

So I did a hypothetical story involving me knowing that someone else was gonna confess in a few days to her, to no surprise she already has another bf (its easy for her to get a partner). So I didn't actually confess but she said she wasn't polyamorous so she was gonna turn down that person anyways 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...