Why do I feel friendless?

Friendless    

• Digital Mentor
13 hours ago, Friendless said:

I feel friendless because my friends have started trying to push me away and get rid of me

Hi @Friendless, welcome to the community. It's great to have you here. I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here at Ditch the Label. I give support and advice to those who reach out to us. 

I'm sorry you feel friendless at the moment. That sounds really tough. Do you mind telling me a bit more about what's been happening?

• Thanks 1

Staff-Account.png

not at all

I felt like I was getting along pretty well with my "friends" but all of a sudden I felt like they were pushing me away and didn't want me around

• Digital Mentor
On 11/16/2022 at 3:20 PM, Friendless said:

not at all

I felt like I was getting along pretty well with my "friends" but all of a sudden I felt like they were pushing me away and didn't want me around

I'm sorry, that sounds tough! I wonder whether anything in particular happened? Is there maybe one friend in your friendship group that you feel close to and who you feel you can talk to? Maybe you could speak to them and tell them what you've noticed and see what they say. There might be an explanation as to why this is happening. What do you think?  

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

thank you for your support, and yes their is a friend I can turn to and I also contacted our school councilor for help. 

I have no idea if anything happened, they just sort of pushed me away besides that one friend who keeps inviting me to hang out 

• Digital Mentor
On 11/18/2022 at 3:41 PM, Friendless said:

thank you for your support, and yes their is a friend I can turn to and I also contacted our school councilor for help. 

I have no idea if anything happened, they just sort of pushed me away besides that one friend who keeps inviting me to hang out 

It's good to hear you contacted the school councillor. Do you mind me asking, if you've spoken to them yet and if it  has it been helpful?

I'm glad you've got one friend you can turn to. Is your friend part of the group who you feel are pushing you aside? If yes, have you asked your friend if they know what's going on? 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

2 hours ago, Aurora said:

It's good to hear you contacted the school councillor. Do you mind me asking, if you've spoken to them yet and if it  has it been helpful?

I'm glad you've got one friend you can turn to. Is your friend part of the group who you feel are pushing you aside? If yes, have you asked your friend if they know what's going on? 

yes i did talk to them, as a matter of fact just this morning. and it was very helpful, she's going to talk to my mom about me maybe getting a therapist.

yes they are. and i really don't know

• Digital Mentor
20 hours ago, Friendless said:

yes i did talk to them, as a matter of fact just this morning. and it was very helpful, she's going to talk to my mom about me maybe getting a therapist.

yes they are. and i really don't know

Brilliant, I'm glad to hear that. That sounds very positive. I hope your mom will agree to you getting a therapist. 

I'm wondering, have you spoken to your friend, about your other friends? If not, maybe you could ask your friend, if they have noticed that your other friends seem to be pushing you aside and if they can think of a reason why this might be. What do you think? 

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
36 minutes ago, Friendless said:

that could work

Great. If you like you can let us know afterwards how it went. I hope your friend is able to give you an answer so you know what's going on

Staff-Account.png