Feeling Alone

magicmelissa ย  ย 

My friends who are called: Diya, Sadaf, Lauren and Eunice are all really nice people. I recently started Year 7 and I feel like I have met people that I want to stay with forever. I was first friends with Sadaf and I used to be her literal only friend and then we expanded and that's OK. We used to talk a lot and I used to talk a lot with Diya and Lauren. I never really talked to Eunice because she is really quiet and we don't really have too much in common. Sadaf and the others have been talking too much together, too many inside jokes, and they keep talking with the Year 8s and without me and if I leave, they would hardly notice. I thought that they enjoyed my company but maybe not. Maybe I'm just a parasite they need to get rid of. I dont know. But I do know that I'm having the emotional insecurities of a teenager and this could be me overthinking and that it's all in my head. What should I do?

• Digital Mentor
15 hours ago, magicmelissa said:

My friends who are called: Diya, Sadaf, Lauren and Eunice are all really nice people. I recently started Year 7 and I feel like I have met people that I want to stay with forever. I was first friends with Sadaf and I used to be her literal only friend and then we expanded and that's OK. We used to talk a lot and I used to talk a lot with Diya and Lauren. I never really talked to Eunice because she is really quiet and we don't really have too much in common. Sadaf and the others have been talking too much together, too many inside jokes, and they keep talking with the Year 8s and without me and if I leave, they would hardly notice. I thought that they enjoyed my company but maybe not. Maybe I'm just a parasite they need to get rid of. I dont know. But I do know that I'm having the emotional insecurities of a teenager and this could be me overthinking and that it's all in my head. What should I do?

Hi there @magicmelissa, welcome to the communityย ๐Ÿ™‚. It's lovely to have you here. I'm Aurora and I'm one of the support mentors at Ditch the Label. I give support and advice to those who reach out to us. Thank you for letting us know what's been going on with your friends. Friendships can often be complicated, especially when there are several friends involved. It sounds to me like you used to just be friends with Sadaf and you're now feeling a bit left out when Sadaf, Lauren and Diya are all together. Is that right? Have you ever told Sadaf how you feel? She might not be aware that this is happening. What do you think? Also, how do you think Eunice feels? I'm wondering, if she might feel a little left out as well.ย 

Staff-Account.png