How do I stop following every single topic i post to by default?

A User    

lemme explain.

So my problem here is whenever i post on just about any topic, im immediately following it. I don't like this. This has to stop.

Ok, sure, the easy solution is to turn off the "follow topic" bar on the bottom, but do i want to do that? No.

Do i wanna spend my precious time unfollowing each and every topic i "followed" on default? also no.

How do i turn off the "follow topic" so that it stays off and doesn't turn back on the moment i go to post anywhere?

My assumption at first was, "turn off on one, it should translate"

This was wrong.

Now. How do i turn it off by default so that i can only activate it when i want to, and not have to turn the ding-dang thing off all the time?

This should be a possiblity, as invision offers the option to keep it off by default [im on 3 other invision websites, FYI] (it's kinda embedded on the website with no settings, i think, so im assuming it's coded somewhere) but you guys seem it keep on this option and it's rlly annoying.

help?

Edited by A User
grammar

• Ditch the Label Staff

You can configure this yourself under ‘Notifications’ in Account Settings. 

- Harper

Staff-Account.png

6 minutes ago, Harper said:

You can configure this yourself under ‘Notifications’ in Account Settings. 

- Harper

?? I looked there and I don't see an option to turn off the follow topic button being on permanently

I don't get it. I know that notification settings change the notifications for when u follow content.

That's not what I'm looking for tho

Screenshot-20221110-125835-Chrome.jpg

See image above. I wanna keep the thingy off forever without manually turning it off. I know it's an option, was wondering if there is a fix

If there isn't it's a bit sad but I know that it's an option to do on invision. It probably is hard-coded but ild like to know

Edited by A User
Adding

If you guys come up with a solution do tell! It's be great to hear from ya!

4 hours ago, A User said:

?? I looked there and I don't see an option to turn off the follow topic button being on permanently

I don't get it. I know that notification settings change the notifications for when u follow content.

That's not what I'm looking for tho

Screenshot-20221110-125835-Chrome.jpg

See image above. I wanna keep the thingy off forever without manually turning it off. I know it's an option, was wondering if there is a fix

If there isn't it's a bit sad but I know that it's an option to do on invision. It probably is hard-coded but ild like to know

It should be the first option under the "Followed Content" section on this page https://forums.ditchthelabel.org/notifications/options/ (which you can access by going to the notification list and then clicking on the tiny "notification settings" at the top)

It's the same option in the same location as it is on Trevorspace, if you've already done this there

1 hour ago, Ghost of Rain said:

It should be the first option under the "Followed Content" section on this page https://forums.ditchthelabel.org/notifications/options/ (which you can access by going to the notification list and then clicking on the tiny "notification settings" at the top)

It's the same option in the same location as it is on Trevorspace, if you've already done this there

omg u are a lifesaver thx so much!

• Like 1