How do I do this?

DeadInside Β  Β 

Hey! My name is Grey and I am 15. I have two homophobic parents and I dont know how to come out but I want them to support me. How do I do this?

10 hours ago, DeadInside said:

Hey! My name is Grey and I am 15. I have two homophobic parents and I dont know how to come out but I want them to support me. How do I do this?

Hey Grey, welcome. With your parents, what have they done that tells you they're homophobic? And often, I find that parents tend to be more open-minded when it's their child. Also, I'm going to tag in @MonsoonΒ and @Aurora so that they can help you out :)

So I have a lot of pride flags around my house, and each time we go by one of the houses with one, she gives be a lecture about how it is not okay or christlike to be LGBTQIA and she also puts down and stays away from anyone LGBTQIA. She has done all she can to keep me away from rainbows and anything about love.

11 hours ago, DeadInside said:

Hey welcome I’m Leila, how are you lovely?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DeadInside said:

Ellooo, welcome to DTL! ^^

Β 

16 hours ago, DeadInside said:

Hey there,

Thank you for coming to us for advice. I'm wondering, if you do come out to them, how do you think it will go? Is it safe for you to come out at the moment?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

8 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Thank you for coming to us for advice. I'm wondering, if you do come out to them, how do you think it will go? Is it safe for you to come out at the moment?

I don't actually think it is. My mom is very against LGBTQ+ and I'm pretty sure I would be kicked out.

3 hours ago, DeadInside said:

I don't actually think it is. My mom is very against LGBTQ+ and I'm pretty sure I would be kicked out.

Hugs

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, DeadInside said:

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear that. From what you've said, it might be a good idea to not tell them until you are living independently. I know that would be really hard, but it's important to stay safe, and getting kicked out puts you in a vulnerable position. What do you think?

57 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear that. From what you've said, it might be a good idea to not tell them until you are living independently. I know that would be really hard, but it's important to stay safe, and getting kicked out puts you in a vulnerable position. What do you think?

That's probably a good idea...

16 hours ago, DeadInside said:

That's probably a good idea...

Hey,

Yeah, and I know this will be hard to keep from them, so it's important to build your support network, and if you feel ready, open up to other people you trust about what's going on. What do you think?