Jump to content

Haircut


_Kai_    

Recommended Posts

So I've been thinking about just cutting my hair & hoping for the best (Meaning like hoping my parents won't get upset or yell/smash my devices)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
12 hours ago, lKail said:

So I've been thinking about just cutting my hair & hoping for the best (Meaning like hoping my parents won't get upset or yell/smash my devices)

Hi there, that's an interesting approach (I don't mean that as a joke). Presumably you've already asked them if you can cut your hair, is that right? I'm assuming you're now trying to figure out if the happiness you'll get from cutting your hair will outweigh how upset/angry your parents might be. Is that right?  How likely do you think it is that your parents will get upset? And do you think it would make a difference if you informed them beforehand that you'll be cutting your hair? Also, I'm curious, you mentioned about them smashing your devices. Has that happened before? 

Staff-Account.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Aurora said:

Hi there, that's an interesting approach (I don't mean that as a joke). Presumably you've already asked them if you can cut your hair, is that right? I'm assuming you're now trying to figure out if the happiness you'll get from cutting your hair will outweigh how upset/angry your parents might be. Is that right?  How likely do you think it is that your parents will get upset? And do you think it would make a difference if you informed them beforehand that you'll be cutting your hair? Also, I'm curious, you mentioned about them smashing your devices. Has that happened before? 

I've asked them if I can cut my hair in the past yes, I'm hoping the happiness of it will outweigh the upset/angry my parents might get yeah. I feel like if I were to tell them about me cutting my hair beforehand, I might get yelled at and/or told not to. And about the smashing of devices, its happened in the past with my sister & my mom has almost smashed mine as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

UPDATE: I cut the whole underneath of my hair just leaving the outer layer to fool my parents 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

UPDATE 2: I cut my hair😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, lKail said:

UPDATE 2: I cut my hair😎

OMG! Thats good!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sflowergirl said:

OMG! Thats good!!

Not really- I'm now grounded & my dad texted my mom so now she knows as well, my dad called me a "failure" & he yelled at me, when my mom gets home ik I'll get yelled at some more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aurora
This post was recognized by Aurora!

sflowergirl was awarded the badge 'Great Advice' and 10 points.

2 hours ago, lKail said:

Not really- I'm now grounded & my dad texted my mom so now she knows as well, my dad called me a "failure" & he yelled at me, when my mom gets home ik I'll get yelled at some more.

wow that rough. I just wanna tell you you are not a failure. And your parents need to come to terms that it is your body your decision. I am so sorry.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sflowergirl said:

wow that rough. I just wanna tell you you are not a failure. And your parents need to come to terms that it is your body your decision. I am so sorry.

Eh I'm sorta used to it by now, just scared my mom will smash my tablet (Its the only way I can talk to my bf)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
9 hours ago, lKail said:

Eh I'm sorta used to it by now, just scared my mom will smash my tablet (Its the only way I can talk to my bf)

You did it! First of all, can I ask, how do YOU like your new haircut? And I agree with sflowergirl - you are NOT a failure. You are trying to express your authentic self.

I'm sorry your Dad didn't react the way you would have liked. It sounds like you are worried about what your moms reaction will be. I have to say, smashing your tablet sounds like a very strong reaction. Would you agree? Can you think of a way of how you might be able to explain to your parents why you cut your hair, without the situation escalating? Maybe you can think of a situation in the past, where you got your parents to listen to what you wanted to say. How did that come about? Please do let us know how it goes. 

Staff-Account.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, lKail said:

Eh I'm sorta used to it by now, just scared my mom will smash my tablet (Its the only way I can talk to my bf)

you shouldn't have to be used to it! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Aurora said:

You did it! First of all, can I ask, how do YOU like your new haircut? And I agree with sflowergirl - you are NOT a failure. You are trying to express your authentic self.

I'm sorry your Dad didn't react the way you would have liked. It sounds like you are worried about what your moms reaction will be. I have to say, smashing your tablet sounds like a very strong reaction. Would you agree? Can you think of a way of how you might be able to explain to your parents why you cut your hair, without the situation escalating? Maybe you can think of a situation in the past, where you got your parents to listen to what you wanted to say. How did that come about? Please do let us know how it goes. 

So my mom wasn't gonna speak with me at all yesterday or today (Sorta ignore me ig?) but I went to her last night just to get yelled at cuz of guilt & stress, she was actually very calm but she told me "I don't like that you cut it that short, but there's nothing I can do to change it", we talked for a bit more then a sat with her & watched tv. My dad though smelled like alcohol when he came to give me a hug & he sounded nicer even though earlier yesterday he was furious.

 

  • Hug 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
On 11/2/2022 at 4:28 PM, _Kai_ said:

So my mom wasn't gonna speak with me at all yesterday or today (Sorta ignore me ig?) but I went to her last night just to get yelled at cuz of guilt & stress, she was actually very calm but she told me "I don't like that you cut it that short, but there's nothing I can do to change it", we talked for a bit more then a sat with her & watched tv. My dad though smelled like alcohol when he came to give me a hug & he sounded nicer even though earlier yesterday he was furious.

Hi there, it sounds like it went much better than you expected, which is great. From what you've mentioned I get the impression that your parents are accepting your new hair cut. Is that right? Do you mind me asking, if the new hair cut has changed anything for you? 

Staff-Account.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...