Hi

brighteyes    

Hi, I'm a Mormon and I'm bisexual. I'm going to be marrying one of my closest male best friends soon. I'm hoping to find resources on this site on how I can come out to my close friends. I was bullied throughout my elementary to high school years until I graduated, and it has caused me to have trust issues.

Hey BRIGHTEYES,

Thanks for coming to us for advice. We can definitely help you :)

To access resources on our website, on the homepage you can click 'Get help' and then type in what your problem is. The search engine will then bring up articles relevant to your situation.

Sorry to hear about your bullying. This also happened to me in school and I still have trust issues to this day. Have you come out to anyone before? I came out to distant friends first, then friends and eventually my family. This helped me to build up the courage to do so. Also, I found it easier to tell some people by text message as this took away the pressure of telling them face-to-face.

Here are some guides that you may find useful:

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/13-tips-coming-out-bisexual/

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/top-11-tips-for-coming-out-as-lesbian-gay-or-bi/

Also, how are you feeling about the wedding?

- Monsoon :)

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e