Am I Dyslexic?

_Kai_ Β  Β 

Okay so I put this topic in the Chat area cuz I didn't know what other category to put it in, I've been researching & I'm pretty sure I'm able to self diagnose but will ask a professional sometime, but I think I may be dyslexic? It makes sense because of the signs/symptoms, like I have alot of them just not sure if I myself have it or not. I saw that it can be genetic & my dad has dyslexia as well. Is there anyone that has dyslexia themself, that could inform me how I would self diagnose it?

19 hours ago, lKail said:

Okay so I put this topic in the Chat area cuz I didn't know what other category to put it in, I've been researching & I'm pretty sure I'm able to self diagnose but will ask a professional sometime, but I think I may be dyslexic? It makes sense because of the signs/symptoms, like I have alot of them just not sure if I myself have it or not. I saw that it can be genetic & my dad has dyslexia as well. Is there anyone that has dyslexia themself, that could inform me how I would self diagnose it?

Hey there,

With dyslexia, it's really important to speak to a professional as you cannot self-diagnose. They will also be able to give you advice on how to support yourself as well. What do you think?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

44 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

With dyslexia, it's really important to speak to a professional as you cannot self-diagnose. They will also be able to give you advice on how to support yourself as well. What do you think?

Yeah, I was gonna try to see if I could speak to a professional just to be like sure, would a regular doctor be able to tell me if I do? Or would it have to be someone whos specializes in dyslexia?

18 hours ago, lKail said:

Yeah, I was gonna try to see if I could speak to a professional just to be like sure, would a regular doctor be able to tell me if I do? Or would it have to be someone whos specializes in dyslexia?

Hey,

I would talk to a member of staff at school first as schools often organise assessments for dyslexia, so maybe try that and see how it goes? :)Β 

8 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

I would talk to a member of staff at school first as schools often organise assessments for dyslexia, so maybe try that and see how it goes? :)Β 

I shall try that soonπŸ‘πŸ½

1 hour ago, lKail said:

I shall try that soonπŸ‘πŸ½

Definitely! Schools are in the best position to explore this, so it's absolutely worth a try :)Β