Friend got braces!

Dewdrop    
Go to solution Solved by Blondie,

So my friend Kit recently got braces, and I'm really happy for her, because I recently got my braces taken off. I think Kit looks great with braces, but Thana, my 'friend' who is constantly bullying me, says that she's ugly. Thana has never directly said this about Kit, but she has implied it many times. Kit also said that her sister teased her about the braces.

I want to be supportive of Kit because I've also had braces and I want to be a good friend, but I'm not sure what to say without seeming like I'm talking too much about the braces.

WWYD

• Ditch the Label Staff
  • Solution
13 hours ago, Dewdrop said:

So my friend Kit recently got braces, and I'm really happy for her, because I recently got my braces taken off. I think Kit looks great with braces, but Thana, my 'friend' who is constantly bullying me, says that she's ugly. Thana has never directly said this about Kit, but she has implied it many times. Kit also said that her sister teased her about the braces.

I want to be supportive of Kit because I've also had braces and I want to be a good friend, but I'm not sure what to say without seeming like I'm talking too much about the braces.

WWYD

I think if it was me I'd be supportive if the convo comes up (say, if Kit mentions it) naturally. You could then say how great she looks and talk about your own experience.

If Thana says anything negative in front of Kit, I'd either say that you don't agree or if you don't feel comfortable doing that, try and deflect the conversation away.

Staff-Account.png