Uh? Idk 🤷‍♀️

-Leila-    

Mum wants to take me ice skating but I’m scared of getting hurt.  Previously I’ve hurt myself by accident my ankle went inwards. But she won’t take no for an answer. Plus how can I I have a feeding tube fitted what if I fell over. She doesn’t understand what do I do 😭

Hmm. If this was me, I would tell my mom about the falling over concern and the feeding tube concern, but not the fear of getting hurt. At least, if she's insistent that you go, I wouldn't mention the fear in order to sound more logical, instead of avoiding. When are you going? If it is not soon, you have time to plead your case. Maybe you could offer a compromise, like your mom going ice skating while you watch, or ice skating for only a little bit, or doing something else that your mom enjoys. 

I can understand the ankle thing. My ankles are extremely weak because I have hyperflexible joints and Achilles tendonitis. My physical therapist isn't 100% comfortable with me doing dance classes, but I enjoy dancing. My mom and I came up with a compromise: If I've spent a day doing a lot of walking, or jumping, or anything that makes my ankles hurt, I can skip dance that night and instead do some stretches at home. I don't know, however, if this kind of solution will work for you. 

What are your mom's reasons for wanting you to go? 

Whatever happens, I am here for you, as well as probably the whole DTL community. Things will work out, it will be okay. ❤️ Hugs!

11 minutes ago, Dewdrop said:

Hmm. If this was me, I would tell my mom about the falling over concern and the feeding tube concern, but not the fear of getting hurt. At least, if she's insistent that you go, I wouldn't mention the fear in order to sound more logical, instead of avoiding. When are you going? If it is not soon, you have time to plead your case. Maybe you could offer a compromise, like your mom going ice skating while you watch, or ice skating for only a little bit, or doing something else that your mom enjoys. 

I can understand the ankle thing. My ankles are extremely weak because I have hyperflexible joints and Achilles tendonitis. My physical therapist isn't 100% comfortable with me doing dance classes, but I enjoy dancing. My mom and I came up with a compromise: If I've spent a day doing a lot of walking, or jumping, or anything that makes my ankles hurt, I can skip dance that night and instead do some stretches at home. I don't know, however, if this kind of solution will work for you. 

Whatever happens, I am here for you, as well as probably the whole DTL community. Things will work out, it will be okay. ❤️ Hugs!

Tonight :/

13 minutes ago, Dewdrop said:

Because I been in hospital she needs me to go out

2 hours ago, Leilaaaa said:

She’s booked it cost her 36£

Well, in that case it probably isn't an option to do something else. I'd say just skate for a little bit and then watch, or just watch the whole time if your mom will let you. 🤷‍♀️ Best of luck, hope it goes all right. 

41 minutes ago, Dewdrop said:

Well, in that case it probably isn't an option to do something else. I'd say just skate for a little bit and then watch, or just watch the whole time if your mom will let you. 🤷‍♀️ Best of luck, hope it goes all right. 

My niece has gone on but I’m refusing to 

14 minutes ago, Leilaaaa said:

My niece has gone on but I’m refusing to 

🫂 You are strong. Sending love. 🫂

"It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light."
— Aristotle

1 minute ago, Dewdrop said:

🫂 You are strong. Sending love. 🫂

"It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light."
— Aristotle

I’m struggling lol 😂 

Hi Lulu, how'd it go? I was thinking of you last night. 💕 It doesn't sound like the trip went great, unfortunately. 🙁 Did you end up skating?

You don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to though.

1 hour ago, Dewdrop said:

Hi Lulu, how'd it go? I was thinking of you last night. 💕 It doesn't sound like the trip went great, unfortunately. 🙁 Did you end up skating?

You don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to though.

No I didn’t.