Dreams/Nightmares

_Kai_ Β  Β 

Okay so I didn't know which category to put this in so I just chose Chat. I just woke from another nightmare but the reason I'm putting it on here is because its not a normal one, this black figure keeps appearing in normal dreams & nightmares, I had a peaceful one the other day & I saw it in the woods (In the dream) but it changes as soon as I see it, like the dream fades (Which is odd ik but idk what the black figure even is).

• Digital Mentor
On 10/21/2022 at 3:25 PM, lKail said:

Okay so I didn't know which category to put this in so I just chose Chat. I just woke from another nightmare but the reason I'm putting it on here is because its not a normal one, this black figure keeps appearing in normal dreams & nightmares, I had a peaceful one the other day & I saw it in the woods (In the dream) but it changes as soon as I see it, like the dream fades (Which is odd ik but idk what the black figure even is).

Β 

Heyy @lKailΒ , I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label.

I want to say that you had a bad dream, but now you're awake and everything is okay, physically speaking of course.Β I'd like to hear more about this figure that you keep seeing and how it shows up for you? Has this been impacting your sleep?Β I know this can seem slightly confusing because I have vivid dreams at times too and get curious on what it could mean, so let's try to figure this out together, how does that sound to you?

Β 

Staff-Account.png

On 10/23/2022 at 3:14 AM, Luie said:

Heyy @lKailΒ , I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label.

I want to say that you had a bad dream, but now you're awake and everything is okay, physically speaking of course.Β I'd like to hear more about this figure that you keep seeing and how it shows up for you? Has this been impacting your sleep?Β I know this can seem slightly confusing because I have vivid dreams at times too and get curious on what it could mean, so let's try to figure this out together, how does that sound to you?

That sounds alr, ty for respondingπŸ‘πŸ½. It shows up mostly in the forest line outside my house in those dreams, & it doesn't impact my sleep too much. Though when I do have em & it appears, it scares the crap outta me so I don't fall back asleep afterwards no matter the time in the morning.Β 

• Digital Mentor
36 minutes ago, lKail said:

That sounds alr, ty for respondingπŸ‘πŸ½. It shows up mostly in the forest line outside my house in those dreams, & it doesn't impact my sleep too much. Though when I do have em & it appears, it scares the crap outta me so I don't fall back asleep afterwards no matter the time in the morning.Β 

Tell me about it, I'd be freaked as well have something like that appeared for me. I am glad to hear that your sleep isn't affected too much. I did a little research into dreams and found some pretty compelling information, so dreams basically are our subconscious mind speaking, communicating our vibrational reality back to us when we’re not getting the message, there is a lot of psychology related concepts such as the 'The Interpretation of Dreams' by Sigmund Freud who is a significant person in the field. He talked about how dreams are a window into our souls and how it could help us understand the content of dreams which could be related to wish fulfilment in our waking lives. All this is valid and applicable to you if you'd like to explore the dream a bit more, so if you do want to, perhaps let's breakdown this figure you've been seeing. So you mentioned how there is a black figure right..When did this figure start showing up for you? Did anything significant happened during that time in your life basically any changes at home, school, work etc.?

Staff-Account.png

23 minutes ago, Luie said:

Tell me about it, I'd be freaked as well have something like that appeared for me. I am glad to hear that your sleep isn't affected too much. I did a little research into dreams and found some pretty compelling information, so dreams basically are our subconscious mind speaking, communicating our vibrational reality back to us when we’re not getting the message, there is a lot of psychology related concepts such as the 'The Interpretation of Dreams' by Sigmund Freud who is a significant person in the field. He talked about how dreams are a window into our souls and how it could help us understand the content of dreams which could be related to wish fulfilment in our waking lives. All this is valid and applicable to you if you'd like to explore the dream a bit more, so if you do want to, perhaps let's breakdown this figure you've been seeing. So you mentioned how there is a black figure right..When did this figure start showing up for you? Did anything significant happened during that time in your life basically any changes at home, school, work etc.?

Hmmmmmmm, the black figure showed up in the dreams about 2-3 months ago. Also not much has changed in my life either

• Digital Mentor
36 minutes ago, lKail said:

Hmmmmmmm, the black figure showed up in the dreams about 2-3 months ago. Also not much has changed in my life either

Does this black figure mean anything to you at all? Is there anything on your mind that is bothering you with family, friends, or anything else at all which you haven't been able to talk about?Β 

Staff-Account.png

22 hours ago, Luie said:

Does this black figure mean anything to you at all? Is there anything on your mind that is bothering you with family, friends, or anything else at all which you haven't been able to talk about?Β 

Not that I know of?Β I'm trying to think if there is anything I haven't spoke about, but I don't rlly think there isπŸ€”

• Digital Mentor
6 minutes ago, lKail said:

Not that I know of?Β I'm trying to think if there is anything I haven't spoke about, but I don't rlly think there isπŸ€”

That's alright if you can't think of anything but do you want to take me through your night routine (e.g. Before bed what do you do - maybe we can figure out if something is a stressor in that?)

Staff-Account.png

27 minutes ago, Luie said:

That's alright if you can't think of anything but do you want to take me through your night routine (e.g. Before bed what do you do - maybe we can figure out if something is a stressor in that?)

Ye thats alrπŸ‘πŸ½, so I first clean up my whole room, then vacuum it (I have a bunch of siblings they mess it up everydayπŸ’€), I then go brush my teeth & make my bed, then get into bed & watch tv for about 2 hours before I either fall asleep or scroll through tiktok & youtube.

• Digital Mentor
22 hours ago, lKail said:

Ye thats alrπŸ‘πŸ½, so I first clean up my whole room, then vacuum it (I have a bunch of siblings they mess it up everydayπŸ’€), I then go brush my teeth & make my bed, then get into bed & watch tv for about 2 hours before I either fall asleep or scroll through tiktok & youtube.

Heyy, thanks for sharing your night routine. I relate about cleaning and hoovering before bed due to siblings, definitely can be a bit much, but proud of you for handling it so well. Sounds like you have a set routine, I was wondering whether 2 hours of any form of social media is helpful before bed? Would you maybe want to try and reduce your screen time 15-20 mins before bed? It could help with sleep and hopefully your nightmares in the long run, how does that sound?

Staff-Account.png

41 minutes ago, Luie said:

Heyy, thanks for sharing your night routine. I relate about cleaning and hoovering before bed due to siblings, definitely can be a bit much, but proud of you for handling it so well. Sounds like you have a set routine, I was wondering whether 2 hours of any form of social media is helpful before bed? Would you maybe want to try and reduce your screen time 15-20 mins before bed? It could help with sleep and hopefully your nightmares in the long run, how does that sound?

I could try 15-20 mins only before bed for about a week just to see if it helps.πŸ‘πŸ½

• Digital Mentor
22 hours ago, lKail said:

I could try 15-20 mins only before bed for about a week just to see if it helps.πŸ‘πŸ½

Yes do give it a go and let me know how you feel and whether you are having vivid nightmares, if they stop that's great, if not, we can try other things too. Meanwhile do share anything else you do feel like, here for youΒ πŸ˜„

Staff-Account.png