This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other

Intentional Living and Productivity

SDH    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other

Click this notice to reveal the content.

My life daily is the same. I just wake up and watch movies and binge eat and i everytime I try to do something productive, i just do not have the strength to do it. I am currently taking a course in Software Engineering and i am slacking like really slacking and i do not know what to do. I downloaded a daily application to help me get tasks done and to be intentional about my life, but it is not working. 

It is like i want to go out of the house and go for a walk outside, but i cannot. I cannot even have proper hygiene. It is like i cannot just get up and do anything. 

I really want to do things, like Bathe and dress up and make my hair and go out to receive the evening breeze or something, but i cannot do them. Some days are better than the others and on some other days, it gets even hard to watch movies or do anything at all. I just want to get up daily and be productive and not slack on my Software Engineering course, because my grades are slipping badly and i am missing out and i really do not know how to go about it. 

• Ditch the Label Staff

17 hours ago, SDH said:

My life daily is the same. I just wake up and watch movies and binge eat and i everytime I try to do something productive, i just do not have the strength to do it. I am currently taking a course in Software Engineering and i am slacking like really slacking and i do not know what to do. I downloaded a daily application to help me get tasks done and to be intentional about my life, but it is not working. 

It is like i want to go out of the house and go for a walk outside, but i cannot. I cannot even have proper hygiene. It is like i cannot just get up and do anything. 

I really want to do things, like Bathe and dress up and make my hair and go out to receive the evening breeze or something, but i cannot do them. Some days are better than the others and on some other days, it gets even hard to watch movies or do anything at all. I just want to get up daily and be productive and not slack on my Software Engineering course, because my grades are slipping badly and i am missing out and i really do not know how to go about it. 

Hey there, I'm Blondie one of the support mentors here at DTL.

It sounds like thing are really tough for you right now and you are feeling exhausted and overwhelmed. So we can support you better, are you able to tell me a little more about your living situation - for example, do you live alone or with family? I'm wondering what, if any support you might have around you. 

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Blondie said:

Hey there, I'm Blondie one of the support mentors here at DTL.

It sounds like thing are really tough for you right now and you are feeling exhausted and overwhelmed. So we can support you better, are you able to tell me a little more about your living situation - for example, do you live alone or with family? I'm wondering what, if any support you might have around you. 

I live with my family, but they do not really notice anything. As long as they see me in the morning before everyone goes about their day and then i am left alone at home. 

• Ditch the Label Staff

2 minutes ago, SDH said:

I live with my family, but they do not really notice anything. As long as they see me in the morning before everyone goes about their day and then i am left alone at home. 

I can imagine that not being 'seen' can't feel nice. Has it always been this way? 

Staff-Account.png

9 hours ago, Blondie said:

I can imagine that not being 'seen' can't feel nice. Has it always been this way? 

Not always, it just that things got though at home and everyone got so busy and then there's no time and all that. It's just something i am already kind of used to. So i really don't know...

Sorry for the late reply, i have not just been feeling it.

• Ditch the Label Staff

4 minutes ago, SDH said:

Not always, it just that things got though at home and everyone got so busy and then there's no time and all that. It's just something i am already kind of used to. So i really don't know...

Sorry for the late reply, i have not just been feeling it.

Hey, you don't need to apologise - reply when is good for you! 

Sometimes when people are feeling this way, they might have depression. Do you think that's a possibility? 

Staff-Account.png

9 hours ago, Blondie said:

Hey, you don't need to apologise - reply when is good for you! 

Sometimes when people are feeling this way, they might have depression. Do you think that's a possibility? 

I just don't know. I am think it's because i am at home, i am usually not home this long. And I don't really know or talk to anyone in my neighborhood and my friends are really far, like in other states. It's school that brings us together. So i think that's the problem, but i don't really know. 

Maybe i am, or not. I honestly do not know.

• Digital Mentor

On 10/19/2022 at 5:05 PM, SDH said:

Heyy @SDH, I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label.

Yes, I can imagine that it is so much harder when you're home for a long period of time and have your friends so spread out, it definitely can seem slightly isolating. 
It's okay not to know this, but I was wondering whether you and your friends have tried having a get together on screen? I know the feeling isn't the same but perhaps seeing them might be helpful for you, what do you think? 

Staff-Account.png

5 hours ago, Luie said:

Heyy @SDH, I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label.

Yes, I can imagine that it is so much harder when you're home for a long period of time and have your friends so spread out, it definitely can seem slightly isolating. 
It's okay not to know this, but I was wondering whether you and your friends have tried having a get together on screen? I know the feeling isn't the same but perhaps seeing them might be helpful for you, what do you think? 

I do chat with them sometimes and all that, but like you said, it is not the same thing. Thank you.

Hi @SDH, I went through something a little like this a while back. For me it was less extreme, but my parents left the house every day, leaving me alone, and I just couldn't get anything done. When I told my parents about this, they made more of a point to email me throughout to day, or stay home with me usually. Do you think your parents could do this for you? I don't know them, so I don't know how open they might be to you talking to them.