I Hate Myself

unknowngirl97    

I have been struggling so much lately.. perhaps I've always struggled from time to time in my life but right now I just don't know what to do with myself anymore. I think so negatively about myself that my mood is at a all time low. It's affecting everything in my life.. work, relationships etc.. I feel ugly and fat. It's not like I am saying these words lightly.. I feel them with everything I got. There is not one thing I like about myself and I am constantly comparing myself to people who I want to be and most of all look like. The worse thing about how I feel is that it's making me not want to leave the house.. I always cancel plans and refuse to take any pictures. I am now starting to not want to be in work due to me constantly comparing myself to the other women that work there and I feel pressured to look a certain way due to my role. I really don't know what to do.. I just feel so down all the time and want it all to go away.. I just wish I could be someone else.. I wish I was beautiful.

Hey there UnknownGirl97,

Thanks for coming to Community.. I appreciate you sharing your story with us. I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling so down. I know other people find themselves feeling similarly (I know I have), and it's really brave to try to rewrite those negative thoughts.

Here's some tips to overcoming low self-esteem... Have you ever used any of these, before?

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/top-10-tips-of-overcoming-low-self-esteem/

And some self-care tips:

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/25-ways-practice-self-care/

And here's a little reminder:

https://www.ditchthelabel.org/am-i-ugly/

What do you like to do for fun?

What kind of things do you think you can do to stop you from comparing yourself to others?

What I like to do meditate and send love to the areas I am "hating/resenting/angry at" the most. Then I set a timer for 5 minutes and look at myself in the eyes through a mirror. I tell myself I am beautiful. "I love you." That I am smart and strong. And that I am loved and worthy of love.

Once you accept yourself EXACTLY how it is, then you can work to make the changes to bettering yourself (emotionally, mentally, physically).

I hope these suggestions help.

You are beautiful! The fact that you're reaching out for help is incredible strong and deserves recognition ?

-willow

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.