Any Ideas?

Non-Binary Person Here    

I'm constantly around people who smoke cigarettes. I kinda got hooked on them too. What do I do to get rid of the cravings for them??

• Digital Mentor
On 10/7/2022 at 7:22 AM, Non-Binary Person Here said:

I'm constantly around people who smoke cigarettes. I kinda got hooked on them too. What do I do to get rid of the cravings for them??

Heyy Non-binary person, I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label. 

It sounds to me that because of your friends who smoke you felt the pressure to smoke too which has now become a habit for you, am I understanding this correctly? It’s definitely not easy to admit when you’re hooked on something that is not good for you, so kudos for recognizing this and wanting to bring about a change in your lifestyle, it takes a ton of courage to do so. 

This might require a bit more thinking so please do take your time in replying - how long have you been smoking? And could you share what techniques have you already tried to reduce your cravings? The reason I am asking these questions is to make sure that I meet you where you are in your journey rather than just listing things which I know you are smart enough to google. 

I hear you and the conflict you’re facing because it involves your social life. You're not alone in this and we’ll figure it out together. 

Staff-Account.png

Yes you are correct. I have been smoking on and off since 6th grade but really got hooked in 8th grade.I have tried gum, I tried going cold turkey, and the patches but none of them helped.

• Digital Mentor
17 hours ago, Non-Binary Person Here said:

Yes you are correct. I have been smoking on and off since 6th grade but really got hooked in 8th grade.I have tried gum, I tried going cold turkey, and the patches but none of them helped.

Heyy @Non-Binary Person Here thanks for your honesty and letting me know strategies you've tried, before I go on any further I want to check with you whether you'd prefer to speak about this on the confidential support platform or are okay with us speaking over here itself? I do understand this is a personal thing and I want to make sure that you're comfortable. 

Staff-Account.png